Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Authors:||Bruce Baugh, E. Jonathan Bennett, Mark Cenczyk, Richard Dansky, Geoff Grabowski, Dawn Kahan, John Maurer, Tara Maurer, James A. Moore, Greg Stolze|
|Art Director:||Rich Thomas|
|Artists:||Mike Chaney, Mike Danza, Guy Davis, Vince Locke, Larry MacDougall, George Pratt, Drew Tucker|
|Front Cover:||Pauline Benney|
|Back Cover:||Pauline Benney|
|Layout, Typesetting and Design:||Pauline Benney|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Publication #:||WW 06800|
From the back of the book:
- The First World War is Over
- Outside the wall of Stygia, the Fourth Great Maelstrom rages. Overhead, ghostly pilots engage in dogfights against shrieking Spectres. The gates of the Necropolis slam shut in the face of the storm. And at the heart of the Empire of the Dead, a traitor works to topple what Oblivion never could. Civil war is about to strike Stygia, and Charon -- the one wraith who can prevent it -- is missing.
- For the Dead, the Great War has Only Begun
- Journey back to a time of aces and anarchists, of lost souls wandering the Shadowlands thousands of miles from home. Behold an era of innocence newly slaughtered and unimaginable terror released. From the heart of the Labyrinth to the killing fields of the Somme, from the skies above Stygia to the brutality of gangland Chicago, Wraith: The Great War opens a new chapter in the history of the World of Darkness. Visit the Underworld of the Twilight Era and learn secrets even the Deathlords are afraid to whisper -- if you dare.
Waiting Out the Storm Edit
The purpose of the book, along with a Great War-era lexicon and suggested books, music, and movies to set the proper mood for a World War I campaign.
Chapter One: War and Aftermath Edit
The history and origins of the Great War, beginning with the Great War fought in the Skinlands that caused the Fourth Great Maelstrom. From there, the chapter details the Smiling Lord's insurrection and the Night of Short Chains, and goes into the details of the Great War fought in Stygia, and those who suffered in it. Finally, each Legion and Guild's role in the Great War is outlined.
Chapter Two: The Rules of Engagement Edit
Rules for Shadowlands combat on land, sea, and air, and notes on troop movement and combat, heavy weaponry, and tanks, as well as detailed instructions on ship combat and dogfighting. This is followed by notes on the effects of the Maelstrom and Oblivion.
Chapter Three: I Think, Therefore I Am a Wraith Edit
Chapter Four: I Am but the Shadow of Myself Edit
Chapter Five: The Outsiders and Others Edit
Details on the unfortunate wraiths of other Dark Kingdoms who were caught in Stygia by the Maelstrom and how they have been abused, mistreated, and exploited by the Hierarchy. Included are the wraiths of Swar and their own battles against the Maelstrom as well as the Arcanos Displace, the abambo of the Bush of Ghosts conscripted into European armies and now trapped in the Western realm of the dead along with the Arcanos Behest, and the captured Japanese of the Conquered Territories stolen from Yu Huang and imprisoned in Stygia, as well as the era abilities for the Jade Arcanoi. Finally, the chapter closes with using Mortwights as player characters and the Dark Arcanos Leechcraft.
Chapter Six: My Death's Many Tales Edit
Tips on creating Great War-era campaigns and themes.
Chapter Seven: The Enemies of My Friends Edit
A Great War Appendix Edit
Collected information on the Necropoli of Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Constantinople, Chicago, Douala, Lisbon, London, New York City, Paris, St. Petersburg, and Vienna, as well as notes on the battlefields of Flanders, Gallipoli, the Marne, Passchendäle, the Somme, and Verdun. Finally a section of era relics and Artifacts, and a timeline of events in the Skinlands and Shadowlands.
- Charon - Locked away in his Onyx Tower.
- Smiling Lord - Seeking to supplant Charon as ruler of Stygia.
- Laughing Lady - Forced to abdicate, she leads the Loyalists against the Smiling Lord
Agora Dozen, Displace, Fourth Great Maelstrom, Ibambo, Kinesis, Leechcraft, Loyalist, New Stygian, Night of Short Chains, Paper Cage, Somme (cWOD), Way of the Scholar, Way of the Farmer, Way of the Merchant, Way of the Soul, Wraith: The Great War
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Wraith: The Oblivion books
| Next book:|