Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Second World war began in 1939, though related conflicts began earlier. It involved the vast majority of the world's nations that eventually formed two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis. It was the most widespread war in history, and directly involved more than 100 million people from over 30 countries. It resulted in an estimated 50 million to 85 million fatalities. These made World War II the deadliest conflict in human history. The war ended in 1945 with the defeat of the Axis.
- 1939-1945: the Zmei Gregornous awakens in Russia at some point during the War. The Garou Teiresias is blinded by Nazi tormentors.Nephandic influence is on the rise throughout. The Sept of Fafnir's Brood is founded during the war.
- 1939: Golgol Fangs First, (Homid Ahroun Get of Fenris), is born during a WWII battle. His mother is killed but her pack adopts him.
- September 1 1939: On this day, during the German invasion of Poland, a Gurahl named Ursula Berensen goes through her First Change in Danzig at the age of 16. She slays a German soldier, and then flees into the forest outside her city.
- 1940: Japan occupies Vietnam, reducing French authority to a formality. Laos' provisional government trains guerrillas to harass the Japanese in Vietnam.
- 1941 Gottfried, along with his loyal ghoul Johann, are destroyed during the Allied Forces' first massive bombing.
- November, 1941: Bone Gnawers do their best to help the besieged humans of Leningrad survive by feeding the hungry with what they can scrounge through their Gifts.
- 1941: Virtual Adept James "Wirehead" Peritone, liaison to the other Technocratic Conventions, is killed when a bomb destroys a London flat this summer.
- 1941: Virtual Adept Roger Thackery leads the effort to involve the US in the war, and subvert the Technocracy's commitment to the Axis.
- April 1941: Nazi occupation of Greece and it surrounding islands begins. Iona Kinslayer gains respect by battling the Germans and saving The Sept of Bygone Visions, a powerful Black Fury caern, from the Wyrm.
- September 1941: Garou attacks on German troops assist in reducing the force that strikes at Leningrad. The Russian Get of Fenris war with their German brethren.
- October 15 1941: Roger "NemaTrode" Thackery issues his first report to the rest of the Conventions, informing them of the death of his predecessor James Peritone. He mentions the Nazi persecution of scientists, the murder of Jews (and thus all men are not created equal), and condemns Iteration X's use of the situation to conduct experiments.
- November 1941: Bone Gnawers do their best to help the besieged humans of Leningrad survive by feeding the hungry with what they can scrounge through their Gifts.
- December 1 1941: Roger "NemaTrode" Thackery sends a message to all Virtual Adepts. Their plan to bring the United States into the war is about to reach fruition, but they must be cautious, as their lives would become extremely difficult were the other Conventions to find out about their plans.
- 1942: Japan sees a series of conquests from the Pacific to the border of India. After the Battle of Midway, their Navy is smashed, and their Army is gradually beaten back and confined to its own borders.
- 1942: The spring issue of Paradigma includes "A Call for All Good Scientists" to join the good fight against Hitler, from Professor Burn.
- 1942: The winter issue of Paradigma includes a note from Doctor Danvers that the Allied forces' recent victories can be traced to Danvers' protégé, Jet Boy.
- 1942: The Technocracy turns against the Axis, and joins forces with the Traditions. Situation Six, the first combination Traditions/Technocracy cabal, is formed.
- December 2 1942: The first artificial nuclear chain reaction occurs at the University of Chicago. Oscar Martin is one of the witnesses.