Isaac Abrams (adoptive)
Independent, nominally Anarchs
V.V. often uses her assets to manipulate others to carry out her bidding. Throughout the game V.V. hints at letting the player ultimately have sex with her if all requests are met.
Before her embrace she was named Susan. But she doesn't like to dwell on her past, as she considers "that girl" dead. See the Trivia link below to read about what little of her past can be gleaned.
Like all Toreadors, V.V. is an artist, and connected with the human world and all it's beauty. Whether she is an artist or not it can be argued that others don't think that and she is called a "poseur".
She is considered one of the nicest Kindred the player will meet in game. One has to purposely go out of their way to piss her off. She also is quite the pacifist despite her nature, as she hates acts of violence. Her quests involves only killing parties that directly endanger the Kindred, and to spare the innocent parties. Even in the opening sequence she can be seen hiding her face when the player's sire is executed by the Sheriff.
She considers the Baron of Hollywood, Isaac Abrams, to be her adopted sire and the father she never had. She speaks poetically about him, and how she would "end it all" if anything were to happen to him. "But nothing ever will," she assures herself. She holds her adoptive sire in higher regards than his own childe, and her self proclaimed step sibling, Ash Rivers.
Isaac considers her the most "alive" Kindred he has ever met. "She's still young, though - but nonetheless adept." He considers her his daughter/childe.
She is very flirty, and in the opening scene, can be seen blowing a kiss to the Tremere Regent Maximillian Strauss. Whether they are (or were) involved or it's mere flirting, on her part, is up for debate. She also sends poetic and romantic e-mails to the player should they help her out.
- Hot Stripper Assassin Action! - The player is sent to a local porn shop to discreetly assassinate a hunter that works as a stripper. She previously worked at Vesuvius but was fired by V.V. after she found a weapon in her locker. She requests the player kill the Hunter discreetly, and to not involve any innocent parties.
- B-Rated Writer - This quest involves a writer named David Hatter working on a screenplay about Kinded society. According to Velvet the details of his story are 'too insightful to be coincidental'. She asks the player to take Hatter's screenplay, and then find out the name of Hatter's source. The player is asked to deal with them, and destroy the screenplay. One thing she requests is that the player not kill David Hatter himself.
- Mixed opinions from players send two messages: either you love V.V. or you hate her.
- V.V. will also correct the player each time they refer to her as a stripper. She is a "dancer".
- Aside from V.V. becoming enthralled with the player, should you complete both quests meeting her expectations, you will receive an erotic poster of Velvet.
- It is possible to get her to send amorous e-mails. She will also privately dance for you in the Clan Quest Mod.
- After the quest Hot Stripper Assassin Action! when the player meets with V.V. once again there is an opportunity to lay bare her unscrupulous past. This special dialogue is only available when playing as a Malkavian. The conversation is as follows:
Velvet Velour: Mmm-hmm...
Malkavian: What is your fable, doll?
Velvet Velour: Mmm-hmm...
Malkavian: How come you hide your true name behind a fabric, Susan?
Velvet Velour: There's only one part of my body I don't want anyone entering and that's my head. That other name...never say it again, it belongs to a dead girl.
Malkavian: Why are you hiding your past from me doll?
Velvet Velour: I'm not hiding, I'm not that girl, she was flawed, she was naive, she was nobody and now she's dead. Let the dead rest in peace. My name is VV, show yourself out, I'd like to say a prayer for someone I used to know.