|Written by:||Andrew Greenberg|
|Layout Design:||Nicole Lindroos|
|Publication #:||WW 02001|
|Reference #:||ISBN 0-9627790-9-1|
The Vampire Storyteller's Screen is a helpful quick guide for Storytellers of the Vampire: The Masquerade Storyteller System. It contains helpful charts that were printed in the core rulebook for easy access.
Blood at Dawn Edit
Included in the Vampire Storyteller's Screen is a one chapter story that could be used as part of the Forged in Steel Chronicle. It was meant to be played with two to five Kindred players and intended to be a story of terror and suspense, created by the introduction of an unseen and nearly indestructible adversary.
The Plot Edit
The story is set in four scenes.
Scene 1 Edit
Allicia has invited people to an auction of The Torch, one of the best known strip clubs of Gary, Indiana and one of the area's prime hunting grounds. The price is whomever can make the best offer on how they can aid her in the future.
Suddenly, during the middle of the bidding, one of Allicia's retainers discovers a body drained of all blood in the alley behind the club. Allicia angrily orders that the body be disposed of and the players will have limited time and opportunity to do so before the police arrive on the scene. Lucian and an ally of his are also at the auction and want no interaction with the police, so they leave.
Scene 2 Edit
The players must get rid of or hide the body quickly as within moments the police will arrive on the scene, with the press following close behind. During this scene, whether the body is found or not, it will disappear from where it is hidden or police custody.
Scene 3 Edit
Scene 4 Edit
As dawn nears, the body reappears sneaking around the club and attacks the players. It is being inhabited by a spirit that was summoned by a Mage who promised it an immortal form to posses in exchange for revenge against Allicia.
The appendix gives information about the creation of spirit bags, foci that help summon and control spirits.
Memorable Quotes Edit
- Allicia - Owner of the Torch, a Gary Strip Club
- Victor - Manager of the Torch and Ghoul to Allicia.
- Lucian - Gangrel Elder at the auction for the Torch.
- Claudette Malfet - Caitiff ally of Lucian
- Fred Burmle - Homeless Bum
- William Shepard - A special agent who becomes involved in the case after hearing about a body behind The Torch on his police radio, which he long suspected was a Vampire hotspot.
- Raymond Falcon - Malkavian with multiple personality disorder.
- Glasyabolas - Spirit summoned to enact revenge on Allicia.
- John Wierus - Mage who is out for revenge against Allicia.
| Previous book:|
Vampire: The Masquerade Rulebook
| Game Books|
Vampire: The Masquerade books
| Next book:|
The Players Guide