Tzu Wei, as practiced by mortals, involves the use of Chinese astrology and horoscopes to determine what the future holds for an individual, what days and symbols are propitious ones for him, and when the best times are to undertake certain actions. When Kuei-jin practice Tzu Wei, they can shape destiny itself and bend the forces of luck to their will.
Included below are the official powers described in Kindred of the East Companion. Sources are described below in the order they were printed.
- Fate of the One: The Kuei-jin can read the destiny of a single person and advise him accordingly. If the person follows his instructions, luck will favor him.
- Joss Weaving: The Kuei-jin can realign streams of joss to support a character for a short period of time.
- Fate of the Wu: The Kuei-jin can read the destiny of a wu or another small group of people
- Grand Duke's Theorem: The Kuei-jin can influence joss if his client faces the right direction in accordance to the position of Jupiter in the night sky
- Realigning the Stars: The Kuei-jin can reset the horoscope of a person for a short period of time
- Pantheon of Ancestors: The Kuei-jin can use a horoscope to find out more about his clients past incarnations
- Fate of the Court: The Kuei-jin can read the destiny of a broader group of persons, like a Court or a nation
- Celestial Curse: The Kuei-jin can invoke a curse of bad luck upon his victim if the stars are properly aligned.
- Substitution Of The Twelve : The Kuei-jin can permanently alter the horoscope of a person
^ Level 1
|Fate of the One||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 90|
^ Level 2
|Joss Weaving||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 90|
^ Level 3
|Fate of the Wu||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 90|
^ Level 4
|Grand Duke's Theorem||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 91|
^ Level 5
|Realigning The Stars||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 91|
^ Level 6
|Pantheon of Ancestors||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 91|
^ Level 7
|Fate of the Court||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 91|
^ Level 8
|Celestial Curse||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 91|
^ Level 9
|Substitution Of The Twelve||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 91|