The connection between the Hedge and the Contracts of Thorns and Brambles remains a mystery to most of the Lost. The Contract grants no additional ability to a changeling to manipulate the Hedge, instead granting them power over hedges and thorns of the mortal world. Yet some of the Contracts seem to function better in the Hedge than they do elsewhere. This dichotomy leads some savants among the changelings to suspect that the Contracts of Thorns and Brambles may have originated as some Faustian bargain between the Contracts' creator and the Hedge itself.
- Bite of the Wooden Fang - If the changeling uses a whip made of plant materials, the wood gains several sharp thorns when it touches an enemy.
- Leechweed - When the Changeling confronts his Keepr or a minion of him, he can accelerate the growth of nearby hedge growths or other plants to attack him. Damage done by the thorns drains glamour from the target. This clause is very dangerous to use within the Hedge.
- Briarpath - When the Changeling litters a handful of Hedge thorns behind him, he can force enchanted brambles to block the way after him.
- Shield of Thorns - By shedding his own blood on an area, the Changeling can summon forth a thorny Hedge, creating an almost impenetrable defensive barrier that lashes at any enemy who comes near.
- Hedge Wall - The Changeling can call forth a series of massive fortifications or hedges and brambles, if he transplants a small hedge bush from a rural locale to the location where the Contract is to be used immediately prior to using the Contract.