|Design:||Mark Rein•Hagen with Mike Tinney and Ian Lemke|
|Development:||Ian Lemke and Mike Tinney|
|Authors:||Geoffrey Fortier, Frank Branham, Mark Rein•Hagen, Ian Lemke, and Mike Tinney|
|World of Darkness created by:||Mark Rein•Hagen|
|Art Direction:||Richard Thomas|
|Interior Photography:||J. Lank Hancock|
|Cover Design:||Lawrence Snelly and Matt Milberger|
|Layout and Typesetting:||Kathleen Ryan|
|Authors of The Masquerade, First Edition:||Mark Rein•Hagen, William Spencer-Hale, Jason Strayer, Ian Lemke, Mike Tinney, Frank Branham, Geoffrey Fortier, Chris Cowart, Darren McKeeman, and Sandra L. West|
|Playtesters:||Unfortunately, the number of players who playtested The Masquerade, Second Edition are so many that we cannot mention them all by name, though we would like to thank each and every one of them by name for their insight and input. We would also liketo thank the playtesters of The Apocalypse whom we forgot to mention. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for having forgotten them and our thanks to the Storytellers and players.|
|Models:|| (Brujah) Kirsten Huskeson, Allen Tower, Mark White|
(Gangrel) Kris Baseman, Lance Boggs, Wade Lee
(Malkavian) Brian Black, Donna Howard, Matt Phillips
(Nosferatu) Jennifer Hartshorn, Scott Leonard, Eddie Maise
(Toreador) Kalina Mercer, Paul Mercer, Heidi Pritchett
(Tremere) Shawn Carter, Maureen Kumpf, and Heather Pritchett
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Publication #:||WW 5200|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-154-2|
From the White Wolf catalog:
- Do you want to live forever?
- Eternity stretches before you, but it is an eternity of fear and repression. Anarch against elder, clan against clan, Kindred against Kindred — all are pawns in the never-ending Jyhad — and from within, the Beast gnaws at your very soul, threatening to devour you. You lust for blood is all consuming.
- Despite the great power you wield, the mortal populace would rise up against you and destroy you should it learn of your existence. Thus, vampires maintain a tradition called the Masquerade, a veil of secrecy concealing vampires from the eyes of mortals. You must tread carefully, lest a misstep show them otherwise.
- The Masquerade...
- is a revolutionary storytelling game of live-action roleplaying. It is a type of improvisational theatre in which you assume the role of a vampire. You determine your character's actions, invent your own lines, and experience the dark passions of your alter ego. Costumes and props are optional, your imagination is all that matters.
- Elegantly simple rules allow you to resolve conflicts quickly and easily, without stepping out of character. Though luck always plays a role, no dice or charts are involved.
- The Masquerade: Second Edition features:
- Complete and revised rules for creating and playing a vampire character in a live setting.
- Details on the intricacies of Kindred society and social structures, as well as expanded rules for status.
- A plethora of ideas and inspirational material for creating your own stories in the World of Darkness.
Prelude: Hammer and AnvilEdit
Chapter One: IntroductionEdit
Chapter Two: CharacterEdit
Chapter Three: CharacteristicsEdit
Chapter Four: RulesEdit
Chapter Five: SystemsEdit
Chapter Six: Story StagingEdit
Chapter Seven: ScriptingEdit
Chapter Eight: NarrationEdit
Chapter Nine: ChronicleEdit
Chapter Ten: AdjudicationEdit
| Previous book:|
Book of the Damned
| Game Books|
Classic Mind's Eye Theatre books
(The Masquerade/Laws of the Night)
| Next book:|
The Masquerade Players Kit