Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by:||Bill Bridges|
|Editing:||Andrew Greenberg, Rob Hatch|
|Development:||Andrew Greenberg, Rob Hatch, Sam Chupp|
|Art:||Josh Timbrook, Janet Aulisio, John Bridges, Darryl Midgette|
|Back Cover:||Chris McDonough|
|Vampire: The Masquerade was created by Mark Rein•Hagen|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-020-1|
From the back cover:
- Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold...
- Until now it has been the Vampire who stalked the cities, feasting at will from any they desired. Confident in their Masquerade, sure no mortal could threaten their rule, they walked without fear. But now their nights are numbered.
- Eat Napalm Corpse!
- The Hunters' hour has come! Add to your Vampire Chronicle with fully detailed hunters, ready and waiting to put your players to the torch. Or better yet, begin a Hunters Chronicle, with the characters facing off against the horror of the Undead, for no other foe is as well detailed as the Kindred of Vampire.
- Hunters Hunted includes:
- extensive information on running a Hunters chronicle, including new rules for Faith and magic as well as rules for character and Story creation;
- details of the organizations who hunt the Undead, from the F.B.I. to the Inquisition to the Children of Osiris;
- character descriptions for some of the most fearsome Vampire hunters alive.
Discusses the role of hunters in the World of Darkness, and also the theme (sacrifice) and mood (suspense, though others are suggested in Chapter Four) of the book.
Chapter One: A Hunter's DiaryEdit
Fiction. Diary entries recovered by Arcanum scholars, written by wealthy businesswoman Elise Barrington in October, 1991. She discovered the reality of vampires when her brother Robert became a vessel (and likely ghoul) of an elder Toreador named D'Arcon. She hunted down D'Arcon, but not before he killed her main source of information, another hunter named Dr. Bartholemew White, and turned her brother, whom she was forced to kill.
Chapter Two: The HuntEdit
A history of vampire hunting and a discussion of the methods, tools and motivations of modern hunters.
Chapter Three: The HuntersEdit
Details introduces prominent groups of Hunters, including FBI's Special Affairs division, the National Security Agency, the Center for Disease Control, the Arcanum, the Inquisition's Society of Leopold, a gang named the Young Bloods and the vampire "bloodline", the Children of Osiris.
Chapter Four: Living the HuntEdit
Character creation rules for hunters, including a mortal character sheet and new rules, including new Merits and Flaws and introducing Numina, powers possessed by rare mortals including psychic phenomena, Faith, and "hedge magic" (though it is called Thaumaturgy in this book).
Appendix One: Famous HuntersEdit
Writeups and statistics for notable vampire hunters.
Appendix Two: Hunting GearEdit
Some of the equipment used by hunters, whether technological, blessed, magical or merely specially designed.
Later sourcebooks gave further details on organizations mentioned in "The Hunters Hunted" as well as creating new hunter organizations. See Year of the Hunter.
The hunters detailed in "The Hunters Hunted" and Year of the Hunter books, being normal humans, are arguably distinct from the Imbued of Hunter: The Reckoning; the Imbued are possessed of supernatural abilities and can be classified as a form of supernatural creature along with Kindred, Garou, Magi, Wraiths, Kithain and the rest.
- Caiaphas Smith
- A hunter from New England who met and killed his first vampire at the age of 15 in 1830; he has drunk their blood to prolong his life and continue his hunt.
Arcanum, Bardo, Blood bond, Camarilla, Center for Disease Control, Children of Osiris, Hedge Magic, Hunter, Fang Rippers, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Followers of Set, Garou, Ghoul, Inquisition, Lupine, Nosferatu, Numina, Sabbat, Society of Leopold, Thaumaturgy, True Faith
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Vampire: The Masquerade books
| Next book:|