|Written by:||Sam Inabinet (Nephandi and Paradox), Kathleen Ryan (Marauders), Steve Brown (Demons), Bill Bridges (Spirits and Spirit Rules), and Mr. 'Fixit-Phil' Brucato (Lots of Everything)|
|Additional Writing:||Cynthia Summers, Jim Moore, Mike Chaney|
|Developed by:||Phil Brucato|
|Edited by:||Cynthia Summers|
|Art Director:||Richard Thomas|
|Layout and Typesetting:||Kathleen Ryan|
|Art:||Mark Jackson, Joshua Gabriel Timbrook, Lawrence Allen Williams, Dan Smith, Alex Sheikman, Mike Chaney, Kathleen Ryan, and Tomm Coker.|
|Front Cover:||Michelle Prahler|
|Back Cover Design:||Rob Dixon|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-137-2|
From the White Wolf catalog:
- The Darkness has Teeth
- Beyond the Horizon, dark forces claw at the edges of sanity, battering at the fabric of reality, seeking final night:
- Nephandi, the Corrupters
- Marauders, the Foot-Soldiers of Chaos
- Demons, the Renders of Souls
- Paradox Spirits, the Mage's Bane
- Umbrood, the Living Mysteries
- What are they? Why are they? Can we stand against them all? And what if we cannot?
- ...And It Hungers!
- The Book of Madness is a bestiary for Mage: The Ascension, exploring the darker reaches of magick's touch. It includes:
- Details about a mage's deadliest foes;
- Dozens of mystic creatures from the Dark Side;
- Storyteller hints, cosmology, and more.
Fiction. A mage named Amanda meets Alexander Gericault, who was her lover in her previous incarnation, and who explains why the other mages of her cabal might not trust her.
Introduction: Elemental HowlsEdit
An overview of the book.
Chapter One: The NephandiEdit
Details the mage servants of Oblivion, including their masters, allies and magic.
Chapter Two: ParadoxEdit
Musings on the nature of Paradox and its manifestations.
Chapter Three: The MaraudersEdit
Chapter Four: Demons and Demon CultsEdit
Chapter Five: The UmbroodEdit
New spirit rules, changed from those presented in the original Mage rulebook to be compatible with Werewolf: The Apocalypse. It also contains rules for the Ritualis Infernal (Hedge Magic paths which are learned by Diabolists), Demonic Investments, Magick rituals, and some new Knowledge Abilities. The final page lists some recommended reading.
| Previous book:|
Verbena Tradition Book
| Game Books|
Mage: The Ascension books
| Next book:|
Akashic Brotherhood Tradition Book