Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.
- thaumaturgy: from the Greek words thauma meaning "miracle" and ergo meaning "work"; The performance of miracles or magic feats.
Thaumaturgy can refer to:
- Thaumaturgy, the primary Discipline of blood magic in Vampire: The Masquerade, practiced mainly by the Tremere
- In the first two editions of Vampire: The Masquerade, all forms of blood sorcery were referred to as "Thaumaturgy"; later editions separated the variant forms of blood sorcery into distinct Disciplines (Assamite Sorcery, Koldunic Sorcery, etc), and additionally reworked Necromancy into a sorcerous Discipline.
- More generically, any form of magic, especially forms of linear magic such as sorcery or blood magic, in the Classic World of Darkness.
- Thaumaturgy, another term for sorcery in Exalted.
- Magic as practiced in Mage: the Awakening.
The word thaumaturge can refer to practitioners of the above forms of magic, but can also include:
"Thaumaturgy" and "Thaumaturge" are not to be confused with:
- Thaumatechnology, the Endowment of the Cheiron Group in Hunter: The Vigil
- Theurge, the auspice of ritualists and spirit-summoners in Werewolf: The Apocalypse
- Theurgy, the True Faith-derived Numina practiced by the Society of Leopold in the Classic World of Darkness