This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.
- thaumaturgy: from the Greek words thaumos meaning "miracle" and ergos meaning "work"; The performance of miracles or magic feats.
Thaumaturgy can refer to:
- Thaumaturgy, the primary Discipline of blood magic in Vampire: The Masquerade, practiced mainly by the Tremere
- In the first two editions of Vampire: The Masquerade, all forms of blood sorcery were referred to as "Thaumaturgy"; later editions separated the variant forms of blood sorcery into distinct Disciplines (Assamite Sorcery, Koldunic Sorcery, etc), and additionally reworked Necromancy into a sorcerous Discipline.
- More generically, any form of magic, especially forms of linear magic such as sorcery or blood magic, in the Classic World of Darkness
- Thaumaturgy, another term for sorcery in Exalted
The word thaumaturge can refer to practitioners of the above forms of magic, but can also include:
"Thaumaturgy" and "Thaumaturge" are not to be confused with:
- Thaumatechnology, the Endowment of the Cheiron Group in Hunter: The Vigil
- Theurge, the auspice of ritualists and spirit-summoners in Werewolf: The Apocalypse