While powerful, this Discipline can also be straining to use. The primary principle behind Temporis is that it is an application of the same magical energies that keep the vampire's body in eternal stasis, reflected outside the user. Since these energies are required to maintain a vampire's existence, use of Temporis is always a risky proposition.
A vampire who uses these powers foolishly, experiences a failure of the Blood, or calls upon power beyond his physical ability to withstand may find parts of his own body withered away, or even meet Final Death as his corpse, no longer capable of containing his soul, crumbles to dust.
The True Brujah are not prone to teach Temporis to anyone else, as doing so would weaken one of their few advantages.
- Time Attunement: Sense the passage of time exactly as well as any temporal distortions
- Internal Recursion: Cause a target to repeat a set of actions over and over
- Lapse: Cause a target to move slower in time
- Subjective Suspension: Temporarily suspend an object outside of time
- Clotho's Gift: Accelerate your time frame in order to take several actions a round
- Kiss of Lachesis: Change the age of a target
- Insight: Step forward in time to see how your next actions is going to turn out.
- Cheat the Fates: Reflexively step outside of time for several rounds
- Hall of Hades' Court: Alter the flow of time in an area, making hours pass as minutes or minutes as hours
- Clio's Kiss: Bring something or someone from the past into the present
- Pocket Out of Time: Shift an entire area outside of time
- Rewind Time: Move up to a day backwards in time
- Rewind: Observe past events that happened in the area you are standing in.
- Temporal Understanding: Step forward in time to see the long term consequences of your actionst.
- Summon History: Bring a particular time into the present
- Tangle Atropos' Hand: Go back in time a few rounds at great mental cost
The original version of Temporis, released in Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand, was infamously regarded as unbalanced; even White Wolf itself, in Vampire Players Guide Second Edition, referred to the original discipline as "über-twink."
Revised Edition greatly curtailed the discipline, adding blood point costs, closing loopholes, changing many attribute rolls to require Stamina, and inflicting aggravated damage to the discipline-using vampire on botches or even automatically on use of certain high-level powers. It also provided the optional "Temporal Exclusion" rule; preventing characters from learning both Temporis and Celerity.
^ Level 1
|Time Sense||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 74|
|Time Attunement||Vampire Storytellers Handbook Revised||Pg. 43|
|Hourglass of the Mind||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 171|
^ Level 2
|Ramble On||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 74|
|Internal Recursion||Vampire Storytellers Handbook Revised||Pg. 44|
|Recurring Contemplation||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 171|
^ Level 3
|Zombie's Curse||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 75|
|Lapse||Vampire Storytellers Handbook Revised||Pg. 44|
|Leaden Movement||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 171|
^ Level 4
|Cowalker||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 75|
|Subjective Suspension||Vampire Storytellers Handbook Revised||Pg. 45|
|Patience of the Norns||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 172|
^ Level 5
|Frozen Object||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 75|
|Clotho's Gift||Vampire Storytellers Handbook Revised||Pg. 45|
|Clotho's Gift||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 173|
^ Level 6
|Control Aging||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 76|
|Kiss of Lachesis||Vampire Storytellers Handbook Revised||Pg. 46|
|Kiss of Lachesis||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 173|
|Insight||Lore of the Bloodlines||Pg. 101|
^ Level 7
|Domain of Evernight||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 76|
|Outside the Hourglass||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 77|
|Hall of Hades' Court||Vampire Storytellers Handbook Revised||Pg. 47|
|Cheat the Fates||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 174|
^ Level 8
|Pocket Out of Time||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 77|
|Rewind Time||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 77|
|Clio's Kiss||Vampire Storytellers Handbook Revised||Pg. 47|
|Clio's Kiss||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 174|
|Temporal Understanding||Lore of the Bloodlines||Pg. 101|
|Rewind||Lore of the Bloodlines||Pg. 101|
^ Level 9
|Summon History||Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand||Pg. 77|
|Tangle Atropos' Hand||Vampire Storytellers Handbook Revised||Pg. 48|
|Tangle Atropos' Hand||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 175|
Abombwe · Animalism · Auspex · Bardo · Celerity · Chimerstry · Daimonion · Dementation · Dominate · Flight · Fortitude · Melpominee · Mytherceria · Obeah · Obfuscate · Obtenebration · Potence · Presence · Protean · Quietus · Sanguinus · Serpentis · Spiritus · Temporis · Thanatosis · Valeren · Vicissitude · Visceratika
Abyss Mysticism · Akhu · Countermagic, Thaumaturgical · Dur-An-Ki · Mortis · Nahuallotl · Necromancy, Voudoun · Necromancy, Western · Ogham · Sadhana · Sihr · Thaumaturgy · Thaumaturgy, Dark · Thaumaturgy, Sielanic · Sorcery, Assamite · Sorcery, Anarch · Sorcery, Koldunic · Sorcery, Setite · Wanga