Spectres use Tempest-Weaving primarily for travel within the Tempest, usually by creating nihils. However, Tempest-Weaving is also one of the few ways that paths can be made through the Labyrinth; many of the well-traveled routes were originally made by Malfeans using this art.
- Eavesdrop: A Spectre can use a nihil to overhear conversations.
- Find Nihil: A Spectre can find the nearest nihil.
- Wormhole: This allows a Spectre to use nihils to travel between the Tempest and the Shadowlands.
- Ride the Soul-Storm: A Spectre can harness the winds of a Maelstrom to travel.
- Grasp the Passing: A Spectre can pull a random object, including memories, out of the Tempest.
- Favored Flotsom: Similar to Grasp the Passing, except a Spectre can influence the item pulled so it is one useful to them.
- Carve the Chaos: The Spectre can shape the Tempest into a form they desire, such creating "sets" for Harrowings.
Tempest-Weaving abilities during the Great War are the same as the basic abilities and standard powers with the following exceptions, which replace the skills of the same level or where noted.
- Storm-Horn: A Spectre can use a nihil's pitch to identify it. Replaces Find Nihil.
- Hole in the World: A Spectre can travel through a nihil, even if it is sealed. Replaces Eavesdrop.
- Storm-Lash: A Spectre can draw Angst and Being from a Maelstrom.
- Thread of Corruption: A Spectre can taint a Relic with Oblivion's influence.
- Unweave the Self: A Spectre becomes a cloud of threads that can freely drift on a Maelstrom.
- Reweaving: A Spectre can pull pieces of Relics and Artifacts from the Maelstrom and reassemble them.
The Great 13: