According to Garou myth, the Talons of the Wyrm are the result of the first direct attack on Gaia. He manifested a gigantic hand that corrupted everything it touched, until brave Garou warriors managed to rip the hand into shreds. And while the Wyrm was forced to retreat, his fingers had clawed themselves deep into Gaia and managed to flee the Garou by changing their form. They were primal manifestations of the Wyrm, the physical stuff of its first manifestation in the world of matter, and were thus almost indestructible by any force . But the Garou were able, through great feats and earth magic, to bind them into objects. Garou mystics speculate about the exact number of talons, but a few are known and rightly feared by the Garou Nation, for should all Talons be freed from their ancient prisons, the Apocalypse would surely begin.
- Narlthus, the Thumb – banished into a star stone in the Far North, prison is currently held by Black Spiral Dancers who try to free him.
- Koshchei, the First Finger – banished into the Soul egg by the Silver Fangs, later freed by Baba Yaga, current status unknown. 
- Another is imprisoned at the Black Fury caern, the Sept of Artemis.
- Another is in the Black Fury caern Sept of the Black Pegasus.
- Thrassus, the Smallest Finger, sealed beneath the Sept of Bygone Visions in the Mediterranean, a caern under control of the Black Furies now labeled as "Exhibit 338" in an unknown government facility.