|Writing:||Matthew Dawkins, Stephen Michael DiPesa, and Harry Heckel IV|
|Additional Material:||David Brookshaw and Malcolm Sheppard|
|Art Direction:||Mike Chaney|
|Cover Art:||Samuel Araya|
|Interior Art:||Andrew Trabbold, Luis Sanz, Borja Puig Linares, Brian Leblanc|
|Book Design:||Charles Wright|
|Creative Director:||Rich Thomas|
|Publisher:||Onyx Path Publishing|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Published:||April 1, 2015|
|Price:|| Print: $24.99|
Sothis Ascends is a sourcebook for Mummy: The Curse. This book examines the Sothic Turn; the cycle of existence within which Mummies live and die. Since their creation, there have been five Turns and each is examined: one part historical setting, one part grab-bag of artifacts, powers, and antagonists. Also presents the final "chapter" of the three-part adventure, with thematic content relating to the Turns.
From the Onyx Path catalog:
- You burn to know the significance of the rise of high Sothis, and now that we have dragged ourselves through the arid fullness of time, I will answer thus:
- What is it that reveals itself under the light of a rising star?
- When convergence slides its ineffable will into place, and Fate swings but one pole-star wide, high above the contours of creation’s map, what emerges to stand before that celestial radiance? To defiantly utter the words of power etched upon its own naked name?
- The truth is rooted in the fact that each star is unique, possessed of its own name and light, just as the name of one man is not the name of another. And the starlight of Sothis is deeply reflective, bathing the eyes of those who gaze up at it in the brilliant tapestry of their own celestial night.
- You ask for revelations about Sothis, but you ask them of me.
- If you would have answers, you must first know in whose name your starlight shines.
- And in that light, high Sothis reveals all.
- — Sefet-Qam, the Hallowed Mask
- This book includes:
- Comprehensive information on the mundane and supernatural world during each of the three prior Sothic Turns, Mummy’s pivotal eras of historical play — the Cannibal Hymn (2371 BCE), the Mighty Despair (910 BCE), and the Return to Dusk (551 CE).
- A wealth of new material for Storytellers, including characteristics of a Sothic chronicle, features of the latest Sothic Turn, a secret society of the Deathless, a new kind of Utterance, and two new types of story framework — the interwoven chronicle and the parallel chronicle.
- “Pearl of Ascent” — a complete Mummy story that Storytellers can run alone or as the climactic final act in a three-part series called The Avarice Chronicle.
Background Information Edit
Memorable Quotes Edit
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Mummy: The Curse books
| Next book:|