Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sorcery, known to mages as linear magic or more dismissively as hedge magic or hedge wizardry, is the form of magic used by mortal non-mages in the Classic World of Darkness. Unlike true magic, one does not need to be Awakened (or Enlightened) to use sorcery. Thus, any mortal with sufficient traits can become a sorcerer and use the linear paths of hedge magic. As a result, sorcery is the most common form of magic among humans in the World of Darkness.
In the context of Mage: The Ascension, linear magic resides within the bounds of the Consensus (barely), and as such, it does not cause Paradox, unlike the dynamic magic of mages. Despite their magical talents, sorcerers are still sleepers (or at least sleepwalkers), but their connection with the magical world makes them ideal consors and acolytes to Awakened mages.
The diverse forms of sorcery can include Roma curses, high school Wiccans' spells, voodoo and folk magic.
- Fortune (also known as Cursing)
- Gauntlet Manipulation
- Hellfire (also known as Fires of Inferno)
- Herbalism/Brewing (also known as Herbal Ways)
- Life Stealing
- Lust and Torment
- Mana Manipulation
- Manifest Nature
- Saturnal (Anima and Manes)
- Shadowcasting (also known as Shadows)
- Spirit Awakening
- Spirit Calling
- Spirit Chasing
- Spirit Command
- Spirit Control
- Summon Nature
- Summoning, Binding and Warding (also known as Summoning or Warding)
- Theurgy (Via Geniorum, Via Ignis, Via Medicamenti, Via Necromantiae, Via Oraculi)
- Totem Link
- Weather Control (also known as Weathercraft)