The Slow Empires describe the Courts of the Inanimae. The Slow Empires are less a matter of gross political power and more a matter of the symmetry of the mystic body of the Dreaming itself, thus classifying them according to their influence in the Autumn World is pretty senseless. The War of Making was a major conflict between the various Empires that was sparked when humanity learned to use fire to tame the other elements.
Scholars classify six Slow Empires:
- The Empire of Stones (home of the Glomes)
- The Empire of Seeds (home of the Kuberas)
- The Empire of Flames (home of the Solimondes)
- The Empire of Tears (home of the Ondines)
- The Empire of Skies (home of the Parosemes)
- The Empire of Dolls (home of the Mannikins)