Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sihr (meaning 'spell' in Arabic) is a Discipline of blood magic practiced widely in the Islamic world. In the Dark Ages, its difference with other forms of blood magic was that its user needed to have a high Road rating in the Path of Community or Road of Heaven to perform the magic.
While Thaumaturgy and other forms of blood magic are considered to be blasphemy in Islam (as they seek a power other than God's to aid someone), many of the practitioners of Sihr believes that Sihr's power comes through God only. Casting spells usually relies on prayers that are used as incantations.
Sihr was a creation of Tarique al-Hajj, who supposedly studied with Ahl-i-Batin mages to erect the wards that contain the Keening, and the Assamite Sorcerer Khalid al-Munir. They taught it to their progeny and disciples and even in the Final Nights, the Hajj practice Sihr. Outside the bloodline, however, it has fallen out of use, being replaced by the more versatile Thaumaturgy or incorporated into Assamite Sorcery.
The following paths are unique to Sihr:
- Voice of God: Allows to inspire confidence in listeners
- Presence of God: Briefly exert one's will over a target
- Spirit of God: Pulls a vampire out of Frenzy
- Wrath of God: Calming those who hear the casters voice
- Fist of God: Forces others to submit to the caster, or suffer Bashing Damage
- Wisdom from God: Allows to use vitae to enhance mental attributes
- Insight from God: Gain knowledge of the targets background
- Authority of the Prophet: Compels the target to obey a single command
- Voice of the Prophet: Communicate over great distances with a known target
- Fire of Faith: Injuring a target both physically and mentally, sapping his willpower and inflicting aggravated damage
Additionally, Sihr taught Paths acknowledged by other blood magicians
^ Gifts of Faith
|Gifts of Faith||Veil of Night||Pg. 161-163|
^ Gifts of the Heart
|Gifts of the Heart||Veil of Night||Pg. 163-164|
Abombwe · Animalism · Auspex · Bardo · Celerity · Chimerstry · Daimonion · Dementation · Dominate · Flight · Fortitude · Melpominee · Mytherceria · Obeah · Obfuscate · Obtenebration · Potence · Presence · Protean · Quietus · Sanguinus · Serpentis · Spiritus · Temporis · Thanatosis · Valeren · Vicissitude · Visceratika
Abyss Mysticism · Akhu · Countermagic, Thaumaturgical · Dur-An-Ki · Mortis · Nahuallotl · Necromancy, Voudoun · Necromancy, Western · Ogham · Sadhana · Sihr · Thaumaturgy · Thaumaturgy, Dark · Thaumaturgy, Sielanic · Sorcery, Assamite · Sorcery, Anarch · Sorcery, Koldunic · Sorcery, Setite · Wanga