As Spectres are not gifted with Lifesight as wraiths are, Shroud-Rending provides them with the only way to see and spy on the living. However, Spectres cannot appear before the living with this art; to do so requires knowledge of Embody. Nihils tend to form in the places this art is used freqeuently.
- Hold Back the Curtain: A Spectre can extend the duration of an Arcanos' effects in the Skinlands.
- Threshold: A Spectre can see obscurred images through the Shroud.
- Echoes: This allows a Spectre to see through the Shroud.
- Fleeting Glimpses: A Spectre can clearly see an area of the Skinlands.
- Virtuality: Events happening in the Skinlands can now be seen and heard clearly.
- Transparent Memories: The Spectre can use all of their senses through the Shroud.
- Nightmare ( ): A Spectre tears open the Shroud over a sleeping mortal, allowing Oblivion to influence their dreams.
- Lurking Presence (Doomslayers: Into the Labyrinth): Similar to Nightmare, but can be used on mortals who are awake.
The Great 13: