|Written by:||Russell Bailey, David Chart, Ray Fawkes, Will Hindmarch, Howard David Ingham and Chuck Wendig. Prologue and Interludes by Chuck Wendig. Foreword by Kenneth Hite.|
|Original Outline and Design:||Will Hindmarch|
|Creative Director:||Rich Thomas|
|Production Manager:||matt milberger|
|Art Director:||Craig S Grant|
|Book Design:||Craig S Grant|
|Cover Design:||matt milberger|
|Interior Art:||John Christopher, Trevor Claxton, Jeremy Enecio, Matt Hughes, Michel Koch, Mathias Kollros, Justin Norman, Matias Tapia, Rich Thomas, Cathy Wilkins|
|Cover Art:||matt milberger|
| Will Hindmarch, for setting the carefully braided fuse and slapping my back while I lit it.
- Ray Fawkes
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Reference #:||ISBN 978-1-58846-270-1|
Requiem for Rome is the first historical setting for the new World of Darkness, for use with Vampire: The Requiem. It describes the Kindred society of the Roman Empire, including the Camarilla and the Julii clan.
From the White Wolf catalog:
- Glory Reigns Above
- The living world is civilized by the vision and the power of Rome.
- But not all that walks is living, and not all that falls will die.
- We Do Not Live.
- We are but shadows and worms, consigned to the earth and shamed by our incompletion.
- But We Are Creatures of Rome
- And that which is not conquered by the children of Romulus shall submit to his brother's get.
- In the name of the Republic.
- In the name of the Camarilla.
- --S. Julius Macellarius Corbulo
- This book includes:
- Everything you need to play Vampire: The Requiem from the earliest nights of Rome to the ruination of Kindred society, including new blood magic and a new clan!
- A grotesque and beautiful new vision of Ancient Rome through the eyes of vampires - full of bloody passion, mystical intrigue, and glorious battle.
- The secrets of the ancient undead, revealed at last! Learn the truth about the Camarilla, claim rule over the vampire city called Necropolis, and confront the wicked and terrifying monsters that prey on the undead - the Strix!
The Deathless City: Foreword by Kenneth HiteEdit
An essay discussing the ways in which historical and legendary Ancient Rome fits in with vampire tales.
Fiction. An unnamed vampire, probably of the Julii clan, goes over his note books and recounts, in a letter to his childer in the modern nights, the story of his Embrace at the hands of his sire, Decimus.
Chapter One: The History of RomeEdit
Chapter Two: Player's GuideEdit
Chapter Three: Rome and NecropolisEdit
That's a clever answer to a trciky question That's a clever answer to a trciky question
Chapter Four: Storytelling and AntagonistsEdit
- The vampire on page 194 bears a scroll with the wax seal of the Camarilla on it: the Camarilla of Vampire: The Masquerade.
- The illustration on page 211 alongside the text on Witch Hunts bears the symbol of the Cainite Heresy conspiracy of hunters. The book mentions a Cainite Heresy, but it's an organization of heretical Lancea et Sanctum.
| Previous book:|
| Game Books|
Vampire: The Requiem books
| Next book:|
Fall of the Camarilla