Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For other uses of the term, see Redemption (disambiguation).
Redemption edges are a mix of protective and healing powers that make them a valuable commodity in high-risk Hunter cells. These edges are associated with the Redeemers, but their high utility make them valuable to many of the Imbued.
- Bluster - This edge protects the Redeemer from assaults both supernatural and mundane.
- Insinuate - By treating the supernatural as people rather than monsters, the Redeemer can upset and strain their foes, making it harder for the opponents to focus on subsequent attacks. In extreme cases the Redeemer may even touch some forgotten aspect of humanity hidden deeply inside the monster.
- Respire - The Hunter can breathe life and health into the wounded, and steal strength from the wicked.
- Be Calm - The Imbued radiates inner calm, inhibiting drastic action and slowing down reaction times, while also stifling anger, relieving fear and lessening senses of urgency.
- Suspend - The highest power granted to the Redeemer closes off his immediate surroundings to other worlds, preventing others from fleeing magically, entering via non-conventional means, and drawing in hellish magics from other realms.
- Outreach - The Redeemer can make themselves appear reasonable and non-threatening to a single monster.
- Insight - By spending time watching a monster's behavior, the Redeemer can figure out what they miss about being human.
- Preserve - The Redeemer may keep a severely injured person from dying for a short period, hopefully long enough to get them proper medical care.
- Punish - This edge allows a Redeemer to stir the remnants of empathy in a monster, such that when they try attacking an ordinary human, they experience the pain and suffering they're about to inflict, preventing them from going through with it.
- Abjure - To monsters' eyes, the Redeemer becomes the representation of everything good about humanity they've lost. Aggressive monsters, or those who haven't questioned their malicious ways, are driven away; repentant monsters find the Redeemer reassuring instead.
- Shame - A Redeemer can send monsters into a frenzy of self-destruction, so long as they're aggressive or unquestioning of their harmful acts. Penitent monsters are unaffected.