The Red Talons are one of the tribes found in the werewolf community. They are the only tribe among the Garou that is exclusively lupine in nature (save for a very few metis), shunning humanity completely as a blight on the Earth.
Walk through a city some night, and look up at the sky. Try and find a star, any star. You´re lucky if you can even see Luna herself up there. Imagine you had the power to punish the people concealing the pure sky from you. Here is the source of the Red Talons´ rage. They can see the pure sky; they live in pure, clean, wild lands, but every day some idiot ape bulldozes another hundred acres to put up another 200 cookie-cutter suburban homes. The answer is obvious to the Red Talons: kill some homids. Yet this is precisely what the other tribes refuse to do.
The Red Talons are the claws of Gaia; they are her rage at the human race given form, or so they believe. The Talons come almost entirely from lupus stock; only in the last few decades have they even accepted Metis that come from Talon-Talon matings. Many Talon Metis are still culled at birth or given to the Children of Gaia to rear. Given their backgrounds, few Talons are comfortable with Weaver-things of any kind. Most see value in klaives, and a few even appreciate the usefulness of a gun or telephone. But, for the most part they communicate via howls and fight with claws and feel that should be enough. Still, the other tribes admit the Talons have long memories, and no doubt recall rites and secrets long forgotten by the rest of the Garou.
Talon hatred of humans is legendary, and yet that hatred has grown by leaps and bounds these nights of Alaskan wolf kills and bulldozed forests; some believe that the humans should be wiped from Gaia´s face entirely. Others are more restrained, thinking that returning to the practice of culling would be enough. A few humans even live peacefully near Talon territories, providing they respect the land. Many Talons enact a private Impergium against humans who move into protected lands. The deaths are often swift, but some younger Red Talons take more pleasure in the killings then their elders think prudent. Cruelties and ritual torture that rival the Black Spiral Dancers are surely the touch of the Wyrm. Some, it is whispered, even violate the Litany – “Ye Shall Not Eat the Flesh of Humans.” The malice of such unnecessary activity surely tempts the Wyrm and the tribe’s elders watch their youthful students more and more carefully in the modern nights.
Early History Edit
Dark Ages Edit
Victorian Age Edit
Modern Nights Edit
Tribal Culture Edit
Perhaps no other tribe is as close to nature as the Red Talons. They shun cities completely, exclusively living in their ancestral homelands as they have for centuries. As humans encroach on the wilderness, the Red Talons find their lands and hunting grounds disappearing and destroyed.
Although not all Red Talons believe humanity should be wiped out entirely, it is agreed among all tribe members that humans are to be shunned. Those that dare cross the path of a Red Talon, guilty or innocent, will be killed to stop the spread of the Wyrm's taint. Many secretly devour the flesh of their victims, however, which goes directly against the Litany set forth by the Garou Nation. In addition, some younger Red Talons have taken to torturing their prey, akin to the way humans have drawn out the suffering of the Red Talons.
- Caldron Rock Sept (Beard's Hills, SE Washington State)
- Sept of the Weeping Daughter (Wrangell Mountains, Alaska)
- Winter Forest Sept (Siberian forest, Russia)
Political Culture Edit
The Red Talons follow wolf traditions closely, using strength and survival to decide who rules over them. Crimes against Red Talons go through no compromise; those involved will be killed by wolves seeking justice.
Religious Culture Edit
Individual Red Talons Edit
Uncertain Time PeriodEdit
- Bleeding Geckal*
- Blood Eye
- Blood Moon
- Bookta Banjabo*
- Cry of the Many-Taloned
- Dark Strip
- Grey Nose
- Old Storm Chaser
- Scab Walker
- Smoke Dancer*
- Tall Wolf
- Three Paws
- Tundra Runner
(An asterix indicates that the individual is a metis)
- 1570: Finger Lakes Caern is reopened. Red Talons take moon bridges over from Europe to get to it. 
- 1762: Blackfang, an infamous lupus Shadow Lord, is born this year. He eventually undergoes his first change and begins hunting humans with his wolf kinfolk in an attempt to renew the Impergium. He has some Red Talon support in this. 
- 1780s: Many Red Talons leave Europe due to threats to the existence of their packs and head to the United States. 
- 1930s: The non-indigenous Garou of Australia, led by Wyrmbaiter, a Red Talon, are tricked by the Black Spiral Dancer Mara the Scream, into exterminating the Bunyip in the War of Tears. The Black Spiral Dancer responsible, Mara the Scream, is in turn killed by the Kaliya.
- August 29, 1949: The Soviet Union detonates an atomic bomb in Kazakhstan, horrifying the native Garou. Overcome with Rage, the Red Talons blame the Children of Gaia (who had been trying to foil the nuclear efforts through subtle and political means, and obviously failed) and turn on them. The Silver Fangs do nothing to stop the bloody designs of Griffin's tribe, perhaps still bitter over the poor advice of the Children of Gaia in the battle of 1917 that led to defeat at the talons of the Zmei Shazear. The Children of Gaia will suffer grave casualties and will be forced to go into hiding; officially they are in exile from this point onward. (Note: The massacre of Children of Gaia may have taken some time to gain steam; refer to year 1956 for another potential date when this all occurred.) 
- March 19, 1965: Voskhod 2 space shuttle falls into the Ural mountains by accident. Soviet cosmonauts find themselves surrounded by threatening wolves. These wolves are actually Red Talons debating whether or not to kill them. They finally reach the consensus that it would be bad to kill humans attempting to leave the planet, and allow the cosmonauts to be rescued. 
- 1999: Red Talon Mamu is stopped by a manifestation of the Progenitor Wolf as he was preparing to slay several Mokolé and Peter Ward, the Glass Walker accompanying them. This caused Mamu to flee in shame and Rage, and he has not definitively been seen since; sighting and rumors persist, though, suggesting he roams Australia's wilderness, wreaking havoc.
Version Differences Edit
This page has been identified as lacking essential detail, and as such needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.
Black Furies · Bone Gnawers · Bunyip · Children of Gaia · Croatan · Fianna · Get of Fenris · Glass Walkers · Red Talons · Shadow Lords · Silent Striders · Silver Fangs · Stargazers · Uktena · Wendigo · White Howlers