Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Concept and Design:||Justin Achilli, Bill Bridges, John Chambers, Oscar Garza, Will Hindmarch, Conrad Hubbard, Chris McDonough, Richard Thomas, Mike Todd|
|Additional Concept and Design:||Lydia Laurenson, Mike Tinney, Stephan Wieck, Frederick Yelk Woodruff|
|Written by:||Justin Achilli, Alan Alexander, Carl Bowen, Bill Bridges, Joseph Carriker, Rick Chillot, Conrad Hubbard, Howard Ingham, Matthew McFarland|
|World of Darkness created by Mark Rein•Hagen|
|Art Direction:||Richard Thomas|
|Book Design:||matt milberger|
|Interior Art:||Abrar Ajmal, Sam Araya, Alejandro Colucci, David Leri, Thomas Manning, Vatche Mavlian, Pat McEvoy, Mark Poole, Richard Thomas, Cathy Wilkins|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Published:||August 10, 2006|
|Publication #:||WW 60000|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-58846-606-X|
From the Onyx Path catalog:
- I know that look of disgust in your eyes.
- You can't hide it from me.
- I've seen all its expressions in many faces like your own.
I am intimately familiar with rejection.
Yes, these scars and stitched wounds are horrifying to behold.
Were I truly alive, they'd be enough to kill me.
- But I am not alive.
- Not yet.
- Not in the way you know it.
A fire burns within me and animates this dead flesh,
these legs that have wandered the far regions of the Earth,
these hands that have killed men.
- And I walk with a purpose.
- You will not stand in my way.
- These hands have killed men.
- A Storytelling Game of Stolen Lives
- Prometheans are soulless corpses animated by a mysterious, alchemical force — the Divine Fire stolen from the gods. Their hideousness forces humans, animals, and even nature itself to reject them on an instinctual level. They wander the dark places of the world, seeking what their creators denied them: humanity.
- A New Game set in the World of Darkness
Prologue: The Lamb and the Tiger Edit
Fiction. Psychologist Agnes Gray interviews "Mr Verney", a mysterious man arrested by Sheriff Brian Tierny in Appletown, Pennsylvania.
Chapter One: Setting Edit
Chapter Two: Characters Edit
Complete character creation rules including details of the Lineages and various Traits including Merits and new Advantages. This chapter also includes full rules for all ten classes of Transmutations.
Chapter Three: The Promethean Condition Edit
Chapter Four: Storytelling and Antagonists Edit
Appendix: Athanors and the Water of Life Edit
Epilogue: My Hideous Progeny Edit
Fiction. The notes of a famous Promethean about the creation of his latest progeny.
Background Information Edit
Promethean was first announced via a teaser ad in the back of Changeling: The Lost.. It is the first World of Darkness game released as a limited series of five books; on its final page is a teaser ad for the next such game,
A promotional "Promethean brain" was available to pre-ordering customers; it was a small purple brain made from foam with the Promethean logo printed on the side.
Memorable Quotes Edit
Have you w-walked the streets on the west side of town, Doctor? Where the mine fire's s-slow fingers have come at last, under the ground? Seen the d-dead trees, killed at the roots? Seen the asphalt bubbling, the sulfur fumes rising through the cracks in the sidewalks? I have. I know this t-town well. Its streets, its c-citizens... They don't know m-me, though. It's been my prison for too many years.
-- Mr. Verney
- Frankenstein's monster
- Progeny of Victor Frankenstein, Progenitor of the Frankenstein Lineage.
- Mr Verney
- Frankenstein signature character.
- John Ash
- Tammuz signature character.
- Zo Malek
- Ulgan signature character.
- Doctor Brine
- Osiran signature character.
- The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter
- Galatean signature character.
- The Nuclear Promethean, a bogeyman among the Created and possible Progenitor of a sixth Lineage.
- Agnes Gray, psychologist.
| Previous book:|
| Game Books|
Promethean: The Created books
| Next book:|