Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Possessed is a term used to describe those who have been permanently possessed and transformed by a spirit serving one of the four major Celestines (Gaia and the Triat). Each Possessed gains an appropriate "Taint".
Any spirit that knows the Possession charm can attempt to possess a mortal (or rarely some other entity); the resulting possessed being will fall into one of four types, depending on which Celestine the spirit ultimately serves.
There are four types of possessed:
- Fomori, servants of the Wyrm, were mortals (or rarely animals or, rarer still, fera) before being possessed by bane-spirits. Fomori are by far the most common of the possessed; many of them are created almost incidentally by Pentex subsidiaries or other sources of Wyrm-taint. Fomori and Black Spiral Dancers both serve as the shock troops of the Wyrm.
- Drones, servants of the Weaver, were mortals (or, rarely, fera or other supernaturals) before possession by Weaver-spirits. Unlike the others, drones effectively surrender their will and identity to their Celestine patron upon possession; this homogenization increases as they attain greater Clarification.
- Gorgons, servants of the Wyld. The Fera assert that gorgons, unlike the other possessed, are never made from humans; they are all animals, plants, bygones, or natural phenomena before their possession by Wyld-spirits. Also unlike the others, each gorgon appears to be unique; the Fera have no records of any "breeds" of gorgons.
- Kami, the servants of Gaia. Any creature or physical aspect of Gaia can be possessed by a Gaian spirit: mortals, animals, plants, and even locations have become kami. Kami are much rarer than the Triat-empowered possessed, but are also the only possessed who are likely to form any sort of alliance with the Garou or other Gaian fera.
- You might also check the article on Exaltation, which is a similar imbuing of agents by rival gods in the Age of Sorrows.