Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Marking(s):||Gossamer clothing, dramatic bearing|
Much like Keening, the arts of Phantasm have no especially great merit in the Shadowlands other than their artistic side. Users of Phantasm, with their ability to create elaborate, fantastic dreams in the dead as well as the living are treasured by those seeking entertainment in an otherwise dreary existence. In fact, troupes of Sandmen performing their plays and shows are one of the more established, legal means of amusement for wraiths.
However, those who think Phantasm can only be used for artistic endeavors are quite wrong. Phantasm can also be used to create elaborate illusions that are extremely convincing, and for this some realize that Sandmen are not as shallow as they appear. In addition, those who practice Phantasm have another extraordinary ability: the power to bring living people, in the form of dreams, into the Shadowlands. Quick brought to the Shadowlands in this way may interact with the world of the dead as any wraith would be able to, including being attacked. In most cases, a dreamer who suffers too much damage in the Shadowlands drifts back to their unharmed body. In extreme cases, a powerful Sandman can cause them serious mental or physical damage.
The most obvious problem with a poor use of Phantasm are nightmares. However, Shadows have been known to overtake a Sandman’s abilities and use them to their benefit in certain cases.
- Sleepsense: A Sandman can tell when a mortal has reached REM sleep.
- Elysia: A Sandman may pull a sleeper’s soul from their body.
- Lucidity: A Sandman may tweak or alter the dreams of a mortal.
- Dreams of Sleep: A Sandman may bestow sleep and dreams on a wraith.
- Phantasmagoria: A Sandman can create detailed, highly-convincing illusions.
- Agon: A Sandman may rip a mortal’s soul from their body.
- Cognizance: A Sandman can guard themselves against another using Phantasm.
- Conclave: A Sandman may have a communal dream with other Sandmen.
- Lingua: A Sandman can communicate through a dream, regardless of language.
- Inspire: A Sandman may inspire a mortal to create a work of art that reflects the Sandman.
- Mending: A Sandman may get a mortal's body to heal itself.
- Incubus: A Sandman can drain energy from a mortal as Pathos.
- Oneirataxia: A Sandman can stop a mortal from dreaming.
- Supplant: A Sandman may place a mortal soul in the body of another mortal until they awaken.
Phantasm abilities during the Great War are the same as the basic abilities and standard powers with the following exceptions, which replace the skills of the same level or where noted.
- Sift: A Sandman can determine how deeply a mortal is sleeping, and can observe their dreams. Replaces Sleepsense.
- Dream Canvas: A Sandman can make several dreams into one big dream.
- Dream Cloak: A Sandman creates a cloak from the stuff of dreams, making them hypnotic to any observers.
The Great 13: