Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Pantheon is a group or family of gods from a common culture; they serve as the main factions in Scion. The one common factor between the six Pantheons is their desire to keep the world and humanity from falling into the hands of their immortal enemies, the Titans.
Pantheons primarily differ in the origins of their worshipers and the values that represent the culture they stand for. Some Pantheons represent geographical regions, while others represent a more widespread religion.
Most pantheons have existed in some fashion since before recorded history, and there is some debate to this day about how much the gods created humans, and how much the humans influenced the creation of the gods. All that is known is that they are extremely ancient and very powerful. While the modern days have seen less direct influence from the ancient pantheons than ancient times, the gods survived and continued to subtly influence the world of humanity.
The main way of influencing mortals since the Pantheons stepped back from direct interference in the affairs of man are the Scions, their half-god, half-mortal offspring. While Scions have always existed throughout history, it is only in recent times the Pantheons have taken a direct influence on their children due to the rising of the Titans. The Scions currently serve as the pantheon's main representatives and soldiers on Earth.
There are six major pantheons which have wielded influence over history and culture for centuries, whose gods and stories are most familiar to students today. There are also several other pantheons, of which four also wield remarkable influence over the mortal world today, two more have played a role during one of the world's greatest times of turmoil, and one that ruled over what might have been the most advanced civilization ever created.
- The Aesir - The warlike gods of Scandinavia.
- The Amatsukami - The well-mannered gods of Japan.
- The Atzlánti - The blood-thirsty gods of Central America.
- The Dodekatheon - The noble gods of Greece.
- The Loa - The passionate gods of the Voodun religion.
- The Pesedjet - The orderly gods of Egypt.
- The Tuatha de Danann - the artistic, fiercely honorable Irish gods.
- The Celestial Bureaucracy - the highly organized kingdom of gods of China.
- The Devas - the exotic gods of the Hindu religion.
- The Yazata - the powerful ancient gods of Persia.
- The Yankee - the fledgling heroic gods of American folklore.
- The Allied - the combined gods of Britain, France, and Russian folklore during World War II.
- The Atlantean - the nearly-extinct, weakened gods of the ancient civilization of Atlantis.