Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written By||Patricia Ann Roshell|
|Additional Characters||Kara Chappell|
|Ms. Roshell's Technical Advisor||Joseph Smith|
|Developed By||Andrew Greenberg|
|Edited By||Robert Hatch|
|Art Director||Richard Thomas|
|Art||Joshua Gabriel Timbrook, Drew Tucker, Lawrence Schnelli, E. Allen Smith, Tom Berg|
|Front Cover||Doug Alexander Gregory|
|Back Cover and Logo||Lawrence Schnelli|
|Layout and Typesetting||Aileen E. Miles|
|Special Thanks To|| Josh "Magic Trainer" Timbrook, for making Andrew jump through hoops to get his Hive back.|
Sam "Wanderer" Chupp, for always finding time to visit everyone's office during the day — must be easier now that he doesn't do layout.
Chris "Real Stories Are Here" McDonough, for making those copies of the dreaded videotape — two months later.
Richard "Be Happy" Thomas, for having his department make his New Year's resolution for him.
Michelle "Iron Crown" Prahler, for surviving yet another White Wolf party.
Ben "Argh" Monk, for learning the joys of becoming our accountant.
Stephan "Arrgghh" Wieck, for learning the joys of having Ben become our accountant.
Jim "Blocked" Townsend, for watching inventory take over the four-square court.
|Author's Dedication:||A great many people assisted me in planning and writing this book. Rather than thanking each of you individually (and risking the inadvertent omission of someone's name), I should instead like to take the opportunity and the space here to say, "Thank you." Your ideas, suggestions and support were more appreciated than I probably let you know at the time. I hope this makes up for it. Also, special thanks to the Factory Squad for playtesting New Orleans by Night.|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-096-1|
From the White Wolf catalog:
- City of Beauty
- Fabled New Orleans, with its breathtaking buildings and romantic history, is the picture of elegance and sophistication. It is both vibrant and dignified; the elegant jazz music born in the city's streets reflects its soul. No other city so mixed its grace and its passion.
- City of Sin
- But there are vampires here. Any place so alive cannot help but attract the immortal parasites who seek to steal this life energy for themselves. The Damned are an intrinsic part of New Orleans. They built it... and they may tear it down.
- New Orleans by Night includes:
- A detailed description of New Orleans, including the bloody history of its founding and the bloody intrigue that threatens to destroy it.
- Mighty Kindred from around the world who made their way to the Big Easy.
- "D'Jabbic", a complete Vampire story immersing characters in New Orleans' evil.
Book One: New Orleans by NightEdit
Chapter One: IntroductionEdit
Chapter Two: HistoryEdit
Chapter Three: GeographyEdit
Chapter Four: CharactersEdit
- Brujah: Dutch, Jake Almerson
- Caitiff: Raymond
- Gangrel: Roxy, Laura
- Malkavian: Father Iago (James, Lazarus), Uriah Travers
- Nosferatu: Lawrence Meeks, Avery, Roger, Martin
- Toreador: Morgaine, Josua Cambridge, Julia Cammeron
- Tremere: Antonio Calbullarshi, Nigel Porter, Sebastian Walcott, Marie D'Richet
- Ventrue: Marcel Guilbeau, Christopher, Anthony, Karen Chartry
- Others: Manon (Setite)
- Mortals: Lanee Andrin, Detective Robert Carter, Lance Pertkin, Martin D'Richet (Mage), Michael Zyers
Chapter Five: CoteriesEdit
- The Prince's Household: Prince Marcel, Christopher, Anthony, Josua, Marie
- The Prince's Council: Karen, Dutch, Sebastian, Avery
- The Phoenix Society: Unknown ("The General" and "B.")
- The Underground Society: Dutch, Christopher, other Kindred visitors
- The Tabula Rasa: James "Teddy" Jugor (Ghoul), Kendrick McKenin, Lane Nassam, Miguel Salmararez, Elzra Taliano (Ghoul)
- The Children of Osiris: Varies
Book Two: D'JabbicEdit
A five-part story set during and around Mardi Gras, in which the players are tasked with investigating an assault on the city's Kindred that threatens the Masquerade — an investigation that crosses paths with Samuel Haight.
In the Chronicles of Darkness setting (the "New World of Darkness"), New Orleans is the signature city of Vampire: The Requiem, and is detailed in Vampire: The Requiem First Edition and City of the Damned: New Orleans. The Prince of that city, Augusto Vidal, was likely named as an homage to Vidal Guilbeau, the one-time Prince of New Orleans as described in New Orleans by Night, similar to how the contemporary Prince of Chicago in the Chronicles of Darkness, Maxwell Clarke, was likely named for Maxwell, the former Prince of Chicago in Chicago by Night.