Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nahuallotl is a form of religious blood sorcery practiced by the Tlacique and almost completely unknown to the rest of vampiric society. It is based on offering sacrifices of blood and hearts to the Aztec gods, who must be given daily sacrifices in order to keep the sun alive and prevent the end of the world.
Nahuallotl follows the system for Thaumaturgy, requiring a Willpower roll for Paths and an Intelligence + Occult roll for rituals. However, because its power is based on religious doctrines, any attempts to use Nahuallotl by a Cainite that does not believe in the Aztec religion results in increased difficulty and a greater chance of botching.
Nahuallotl shares some Paths with other forms of blood magic, though it has distinct names for them:
- Flower of the Divine Liquor (Path of Blood)
- Secret Ways of Tezcatlipoca (Path of Corruption)
- Huchueteotl's Glory (Lure of Flames)
- Rites of Tezcatlipoca (Spirit Manipulation)
- Breath of Quetzalcoatl (Weather Control)
Included below are the official powers described in supplements for Vampire: The Masquerade. Sources are described below in the order they were printed.
- • Another's Burden : Take on the wound penalties of another
- •• Obsidian Shattered: Temporarily ignore wound penalties
- ••• Burden Another: Force your wound penalties upon another
- •••• Obsidian's Edge: Cause damage to another within eye sight
- ••••• Flay: As Obsidian's Edge, but against multiple targets
- • Mirror of the Gods : Enchant a mirror so that it reveals the use of blood sorcery
- •• Shroud of Day : Enchant a stake so that it puts a vampire to sleep as well as torpor
- ••• Brother's Eyes : See and hear through another
- •••• Strength of the Vanquished : Symbolically devour the organs of an opponent to gain their strength temporarily
- ••••• Severance : Remove the heart or other body part of an individual while keeping them alive
^ Lash of Xipe Totec
|Lash of Xipe Totec (1-5)||Blood Sacrifice: The Thaumaturgy Companion||Pg. 88-89|
^ Ritual Level 1
|Mirror of the Gods||Blood Sacrifice: The Thaumaturgy Companion||Pg. 89|
^ Ritual Level 2
|Shroud of Day||Blood Sacrifice: The Thaumaturgy Companion||Pg. 89|
^ Ritual Level 3
|Brother's Eyes||Blood Sacrifice: The Thaumaturgy Companion||Pg. 89|
^ Ritual Level 4
|Strength of the Vanquished||Blood Sacrifice: The Thaumaturgy Companion||Pg. 89|
^ Ritual Level 5
|Severance||Blood Sacrifice: The Thaumaturgy Companion||Pg. 90|
Abombwe · Animalism · Auspex · Bardo · Celerity · Chimerstry · Daimonion · Dementation · Dominate · Flight · Fortitude · Melpominee · Mytherceria · Obeah · Obfuscate · Obtenebration · Potence · Presence · Protean · Quietus · Sanguinus · Serpentis · Spiritus · Temporis · Thanatosis · Valeren · Vicissitude · Visceratika
Abyss Mysticism · Akhu · Countermagic, Thaumaturgical · Dur-An-Ki · Mortis · Nahuallotl · Necromancy, Voudoun · Necromancy, Western · Ogham · Sadhana · Sihr · Thaumaturgy · Thaumaturgy, Dark · Thaumaturgy, Sielanic · Sorcery, Assamite · Sorcery, Anarch · Sorcery, Koldunic · Sorcery, Setite · Wanga