|Written by:||Stephan Wieck|
|Layout:||Sam Chupp, William Hale|
|Art:||John Cobb, Janet Aulisio, Josh Timbrook|
|Back Cover:||Chris McDonough|
|Vampire: The Masquerade was created by:||Mark Rein•Hagen|
|Special Thanks to:|| Mark "Who's That" Rein•Hagen, for reasons we can't remember (he's that German guy, isn't he?).|
Stewart "He's Gonna Kill Me!" Wieck, for not knowing which way to turn without instructions from the German.
Ken "Blue Braves" Cliffe, for rooting not only for the wrong team, but for the wrong league.
Wes "Black Foot" Harris, for playing back-to-nature Four Square.
Chris "Tingly" McDonough, for the indescribable (we wish) pleasure he gets playing Four Square.
Rene "The Hammer" Lily, for pretending to be a Four Square novice.
Josh "Brain Damaged" Timbrook, for what Rich did to him after that extended vacation.
Rich "Put a Baby on the Barbie" Thomas, for his abilities (and patience) at Vicky's outdoor birthday party.
Rob "Big Lap" Hatch, for what the skinny guy needed when Werewolf was dumped in it.
Sam "Scarlet Man" Chupp, for getting almost as bad a sunburn as Andrew (done peeling yet?).
William "Mr. Philly" Hale, for the Father's Day Lunch Connection.
Travis "I Can't Believe They Did This To Me" Williams, for getting the full measure of Atlanta's "justice" system (start carrying white shoe polish).
Aaron "Hit Man" Voss, for makin' a list and checkin' it twice.
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Publication #:||WW 02221|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-026-0|
Mummy (also referred to as A World of Darkness: Mummy on its title page and as World of Darkness: Mummy throughout the text) introduces the immortal mummies to the World of Darkness. Although Mummy is ostensibly a general World of Darkness sourcebook, it was developed and published before the release of Werewolf: The Apocalypse, making Mummy technically the second fatsplat for the World of Darkness.
From the White Wolf catalog:
- Legends of Evil...
- They've trod the Earth for millennia, stalking their foes with unrelenting patience. From the banks of the Nile and the tombs of the dead they have spread, until nowhere on earth remains free of their influence.
- Are Not Always Myths
- Now their wars flame with abandon, burning all those trapped on their battlefields. Wielding mighty magics, dying only to rise and fight again, they continue their battles as the gods themselves have decreed.
- Mummy includes:
- Rules for playing Mummy characters and their powerful sorceries, or adding them to already-existing Vampire or Werewolf Chronicles.
- A complete system of immortality, far different from the one powering Vampires, with its own unique strengths and weaknesses.
- A Mummy Story, ready for beginning and experienced players and Storytellers.
- A World of Darkness: Mummy requires possession of either Vampire: The Masquerade or Werewolf: The Apocalypse.
Chapter One: The MummyEdit
Chapter Two: MagicEdit
Chapter Three: The CycleEdit
Chapter Four: StorytellingEdit
Chapter Five: Hell's HighwayEdit
Mummy introduces a number of elements to the backstory shared by the mummies and the Followers of Set; these elements are expanded upon in later supplements involving either group.
Many of the game mechanics used for mummies in this book were renamed, removed, consolidated or drastically overhauled when mummies were revised in Mummy: The Resurrection.and again in
- Amam the Devourer, Bane Mummy
- Amen Khal, Horus' master of warfare
- Hetephras, restless queen
- Horus, the Avenger
- Sahura, the first mummy
- Khonseru (Bacchus the Beggar), immortal jester
| Previous book:|
A World of Darkness
| Game books|
Classic World of Darkness books
Mummy: The Resurrection books
| Next book:|
World of Darkness: Outcasts