|Concept and Lead Designer:||Monte Cook|
|Authors:||Monte Cook, Luke Johnson and Sean K Reynolds|
|Developer:||Luke Johnson and Monte Cook|
|Creative Director:||Rich Thomas|
|Managing Editor:||Stewart Wieck|
|Art Direction and Design:||Mike Chaney|
|Cover Artist:||William O’Connor|
|Interior Art:||Andrew Trabbold, Jim Pavelec, Ken Meyer Jr., Abrar Ajmal, Miguel Coimbra, Patrick McEvoy, Heather Kreiter, Jeremy McHugh, Thomas Manning, Mattias Koros, Doug Dabbs, Travis Ingram & Mike Chaney|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Published:||August 16, 2007|
|Publication #:||WW 51000|
|Reference #:||ISBN 978-1-58846-467-5|
Monte Cook's World of Darkness Rulebook is the rulebook for Monte Cook's A World of Darkness.
From the Onyx Path catalog:
- One year ago, eldritch horrors of cosmic malevolence called the Iconnu attempted to destroy our reality. They failed, but the attempt left the world in rapidly darkening shadow. Dead souls returned to claim living bodies, creating blood-drinking undead fiends: vampires. Bestial spirits came as well, to create werewolves, and demons formed bodies from worldly matter. Magic crashed back into the world, and mages wield its power for whatever purpose suits them. Humans called the Awakened unknowingly keep the darkness at bay. These supernatural creatures struggle against each other and clash in the shadows, most attempting to destroy the world, but a few fighting to preserve it. And over it all, the Iconnu still lurk, squeezing the world like an eggshell.
- This book includes a complete setting: a new vision of the World of Darkness.
- Characters play as vampires, mages, werewolves, demons or Awakened and wield frightening supernatural powers against their own kind.
- The world is the one we know, but now much darker: destruction in the central United States, nightmares coming to life and beasts roaming shattered cityscapes.
- This game uses a variation of the most popular roleplaying game system in the world.
Fiction: More Complicated Now Edit
Fiction: Faces Edit
Chapter 1: A World in Darkness Edit
Chapter 2: Character Edit
Chapter 3: Skills Edit
Chapter 4: Feats and Abilities Edit
Chapter 5: Magic Edit
Fiction: Many Faces, One Soul Edit
Chapter 6: Equipment Edit
Chapter 7: Playing the Game Edit
Fiction: Dark is Each Night's Knife Edit
Chapter 8: Running the Game Edit
Chapter 9: Chicago - City of Darkness Edit
Chapter 10: The Edge of Nightmare Edit
Fiction: In the Ruins Edit
Appendix 1: Recommended Reading and Viewing Edit
Appendix 2: Conversion Notes Edit
Background Information Edit
At the time, this was thought to be Monte Cook's final release for the gaming industry, until Monte Cook returned in 2011.
Memorable Quotes Edit
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
World of Darkness books
| Next book: