Mibasham is an extremly esoteric Discipline that appeared during the Ming Dynasty. It name is derived from the Persian word for "to be" and some believe the involvement of a secretive cabal of mages called the Ahl-i-Batin in the creation of the Discipline.
Mibasham favours the Hun and no known Devil Tiger has ever practiced this Discipline. Kuei-jin who study it are seeking answers to the mysteries of how the Kuei-jin came to be and what their purpose in the world is. In doing so, they become the ontologists of the Middle Kingdom.
Mibasham cannot affect a target with a higher Dharma rating.
Included below are the official powers described in the Kindred of the East Companion. Sources are described below in the order they were printed.
- The Lens of the Self: The Kuei-jin can see into his target's soul, discerning its P'o nature.
- Pors'dan: Also referred to as the "Combat Koan", this power confronts it target with a a seemingly simple question or philosophical dilemma to the victim who, struck by the mysteries the statement hints at, is unable to maintain his concentration on anything else.
- Stepping Stones: Travelling between the different spiritual realms within the Tellurian becomes easier for the Kuei-jin.
- A Stumble On The Path: This power allows a Kuei-jin to cause another Kuei-jin to question his role and purpose in unlife, attacking his Dharma rating.
- Riddle Of Maya : The Kuei-jin reveals a confusing truth to the target that saps his Willpower.
- Veil of Maya: The Kuei-jin learns to manipulate the illusion of reality, creating potent mirages that leave real sensory traces.
- Baku's Quandary: The Kuei-jin presents the victim with a philosophical question so intriguing, and so unsolvable, that he becomes a drooling idiot who thinks of nothing but trying to answer it.
- Beyond the Door: The Kuei-jins steps begin to warp space, allowing him travel across great distances in an instance.
- Revisionist Reality: This power allows a Kuei-jin to force a Kuei-jin from his dharmic path, leaving him no choice but to begin his quest for enlightenment anew.
^ Level 1
|The Lens of the Self||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 89|
^ Level 2
|Pors'dan||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 89|
^ Level 3
|Stepping Stones||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 89|
^ Level 4
|A Stumble On The Path||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 89|
^ Level 5
|Riddle of Maya||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 89|
^ Level 6
|Veil of Maya||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 89|
^ Level 7
|Baku's Quandary||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 90|
^ Level 8
|Beyond the Door||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 90|
^ Level 9
|Revisionist Reality||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 90|