Mercurio is a ghoul from Santa Monica, established by Prince LaCroix as the player's first and primary contact in the game Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. He is variously an information broker, a fence and an arms dealer, able to "get anything anybody wants at any time". He specialises in acquiring contraband goods such as high-grade explosives or weaponry.
A letter from Mercurio hailing the player details a forthcoming quest involving explosives, but when the player first encounters him he has been badly beaten after a job went wrong and needs to be administered some painkillers. He then asks the player to recover stolen explosives (Astrolite), which will later be used to destroy the Sabbat warehouse.
The player has the option of alerting Prince LaCroix to Mercurio's failure. If the player keeps quiet, Mercurio becomes another source for very powerful weapons such as combat shotguns, sniper rifles, and grenades later in the game.
- Wherefore art thou, Mercurio?
This quest is given by Lacroix in the cutscene that introduces the player to the game. It is completed after first visiting Mercurio.
- The pain of being Mercurio
Mercurio is in dire need of some painkillers which you can get at the Santa Monica Medical Clinic. This quest is optional.
- Surf's up
This main quest has the player visiting the gang that hurt Mercurio and get the Astrolite and possibly Mercurio's stolen money from them.
- Mercurio is nearly 60 years old, but as a ghoul he appears to be in his mid-30s.
- Mercurio reacts differently to Malkavians and Nosferatu than the other clans.
- According to the thin-blooded seer on the Santa Monica beach he and Beckett are the only two people the player can actually trust.
- Mercurio's email:
- <Subject: > Welcome
- Hey. Welcome to town. Come on over to my place once you get situated, and we'll talk about what you'll need to get the job done. I'm going to pick up explosives right now, some Astrolite... I should be back by the time you come over. I'm at 24 Main Street, in number 4. Walk to the end of the alley and my building is the next one on the right. -M