Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Bloodlines:||Daughters of Cacophony|
The Melpominee Discipline appeared simultaneously with the Daughters of Cacophony and is intrinsically linked to that bloodline. It allows its possessors to use speech and song for a variety of supernatural effects.
Named for the Greek Muse of Tragedy, Melpominee is a unique Discipline of the Daughters of Cacophony. It explores the power of the voice, shaking the very soul of those nearby and allowing the vampire to perform sonic feats otherwise impossible.
This Discipline can actually be used against deaf individuals, but the effect cannot be encoded into musical mediums of any sort. A vampire cannot have a higher rating in Melpominee than their Performance rating.
Included below are the official powers described in supplements for Vampire: The Masquerade. Sources are described below in the order they were printed.
- The Missing Voice : Throw your voice anywhere within sight
- Tourette's Voice/Phantom Speaker : Throw your voice to someone you know wherever they are
- Toreador's Bane: mesmerize others with a song, as the Toreador weakness
- Madrigal: Project an emotion into your audience with a song
- Art's Traumatic Essence/Siren's Beckoning : Drive someone mad with your song
- Death of the Drum: Harm people with a high frequency cry
- Virtuosa: Use Phantom Speak on many people at once
- Blessed Audience: Use Siren's Beckoning on many people at once
- Shattering Crescendo: Harm people or objects with a high frequency cry
- Persistent Echo : Suspend your voice or Melpominee powers for someone that arrives later
^ Level 1
|The Missing Voice||Vampire Players Guide Second Edition||Pg. 135|
|The Missing Voice||Vampire Storyteller's Companion||Pg. 34|
^ Level 2
|Tourette's Voice||Vampire Players Guide Second Edition||Pg. 135|
|Phantom Speaker||Vampire Storyteller's Companion||Pg. 34|
^ Level 3
|Toreador's Bane||Vampire Players Guide Second Edition||Pg. 135|
|Madrigal||Vampire Storyteller's Companion||Pg. 35|
^ Level 4
|Art's Traumatic Essence||Vampire Players Guide Second Edition||Pg. 135|
|Siren's Beckoning||Vampire Storyteller's Companion||Pg. 35|
^ Level 5
|Death of the Drum||Vampire Players Guide Second Edition||Pg. 136|
|Virtuosa||Vampire Storyteller's Companion||Pg. 35|
^ Level 6
|Blessed Audience||Vampire Players Guide Second Edition||Pg. 136|
|Shattering Crescendo||Vampire Storyteller's Companion||Pg. 35|
^ Level 7
|Persistent Echo||Vampire Storyteller's Companion||Pg. 35|
Abombwe · Animalism · Auspex · Bardo · Celerity · Chimerstry · Daimonion · Dementation · Dominate · Flight · Fortitude · Melpominee · Mytherceria · Obeah · Obfuscate · Obtenebration · Potence · Presence · Protean · Quietus · Sanguinus · Serpentis · Spiritus · Temporis · Thanatosis · Valeren · Vicissitude · Visceratika
Abyss Mysticism · Akhu · Countermagic, Thaumaturgical · Dur-An-Ki · Mortis · Nahuallotl · Necromancy, Voudoun · Necromancy, Western · Ogham · Sadhana · Sihr · Thaumaturgy · Thaumaturgy, Dark · Thaumaturgy, Sielanic · Sorcery, Assamite · Sorcery, Anarch · Sorcery, Koldunic · Sorcery, Setite · Wanga