- For other uses of the term, see: Mekhet (disambiguation)
Mekhet is supposedly an Antediluvian who is active in the Final Nights. Sources vary on which Antediluvian is known by this name. He is often referenced alongside Lucian, another Antediluvian of indeterminate nature.
- In the earlier core rulebooks, Mekhet and Lucian are stated to be the only two Antediluvians whose names are known; however, this claim is contradicted by the fact Arikel is also given as the name of [Toreador] elsewhere in the first two editions of the core rulebook. Vampire: The Dark Ages Rulebook repeats the claim about Lucian and Mekhet in the context of the Dark Ages setting. Finally, the statement has once again resurfaced, this time in the V20 line.
- Aisling Sturbridge claims that the names Lucian and Mekhet are obvious pseudonyms used by Antediluvians who wished to remain anonymous.
- The Ventrue claim that their Antediluvian banished both Set and Mekhet from the Second City. This tale also refers to Lucien, Arikel, [Lasombra], [Nosferatu], and [Tzimisce], so it is likely that Mekhet, at least in this tale, is not meant as an alias for any of these other Antediluvians.
- According to the Tzimisce Clan, Mekhet was a sibling of [Tzimisce] (and thus possibly another childe of Ynosh/Enoch) who, with [Brujah], "played shadow games with mortals, delighting in their own cunning and agendas". If the reference to "shadow games" is meant to be taken literally, Mekhet may be a name for the Lasombra Antediluvian.
- Assamite lore states that Mekhet was a great liar, though no other context is given for his or her identity. The Ravnos, as a clan, are usually associated with lies, so this may be meant as a reference to the Ravnos Antediluvian.
- Gehenna provides several suggestions on the nature and identity of Mekhet. One suggestion is that Lucian and Mekhet may be heretofore unknown Antediluvians beyond the known Thirteen Antediluvians. Elsewhere, it is suggested that Mekhet may be a name (or the True Name) of [Tzimisce], that the "Antediluvian" Mekhet may be a false front for another Antediluvian or some other party, or that Mekhet may be an Antediluvian who was somehow prevented from attaining its siblings' power and heritage as a true Antediluvian. The "Fair is Foul" scenario features Mekhet as one of the Apostates, Antediluvians who never entered into the Jyhad and who allied with Lilith against Caine. Here, Mekhet is a potent pre-Egyptian blood magician whose body resembles that of a mummified Samedi. The "Nightshade" scenario allows the players' coterie the opportunity to travel to the ruins of the Second City; there, they find statues of 23(!) Antediluvians, 14 of whom are named, one of whom is Mekhet.