|Additional Material:||Nancy Bermen|
|Storyteller Game System:||Mark Rein•Hagen|
|Editor:||Jennifer Clarke Wilkes|
|Art Director:||Richard Thomas|
|Layout & Typesetting:||Kathleen Ryan|
|Art:||Tom Berg, Dave Fooden, Matt Haley, Joshua Gabriel Timbrook|
|Front Cover Art:||Tim Bradstreet|
|Cover Design:||Lawrence Snelly|
|Production Assistance:||Matt Milberger|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Published:||July 16, 1994|
|Publication #:||WW 02210|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-130-5|
Los Angeles by Night is a supplement for Vampire: The Masquerade about the chaotic state of L.A's kindred society since the Second Anarch Revolt drove the Camarilla out and left the Anarchs to form a government that developed into little better than packs of Cainite street gangs.
From the White Wolf catalog:
- Call to Battle
- Passionate and fiery, Los Angeles burns with an excitement found in no other city. It has become the center of fashion, art -- and the Anarch Movement. Fifty years ago, the streets ran red with Elder blood, and the anarchs claimed the city for themselves. They stood poised to make it a land unparalleled in Kindred history.
- Call to Destruction
- Now it is unparalleled in violence. The anarchs who swore eternal brotherhood when they drove out the Camarilla have formed gangs and now battle each other nightly for control of the city's neighborhoods. The leaders of the Revolt can only shake their heads in sadness, for their speeches fall on deaf ears. On all sides enemies gather, drooling at the opportunity Los Angeles presents.
Chapter One: The Big OrangeEdit
The standard introduction, including suggestions for book usage, an overview of the current political stances of the Camarilla, Sabbat, Anarchs, and the four independent clans, notes on the Garou and the mages of Los Angeles, information on mortal Los Angeles, and suggested reading, viewing, and listening for a proper mood.
Chapter Two: HistoryEdit
When the white man took over what was to become Los Angeles from the peaceful Gabrielinos Indians, significant events were set into motion. When the first kindred Christopher Houghton arrived in 1828, all hell broke loose. However, Houghton began using his power and influence to build the city into its modern form, including developing its fledgling film industry. An exiled Brujah, Jeremy MacNeil, arrived and convinced Houghton to the anarch cause; however, the figurehead Prince Houghton had put into power would not allow it. In 1944, MacNeil finally gathered enough Anarchs to kill the city's elders, including the Prince. The Anarchs have since held the city... but for how much longer?
Chapter Three: GeographyEdit
The mortal geography of Los Angeles, and the kindred and Garou territories within.
Chapter Four: The DamnedEdit
Notes on each of the clans with power within Los Angeles, including the Brujah, Caitiff, Malkavians, Nosferatu, Toreador, and Ventrue, as well as a few powerful Followers of Set, Lasombra, and Ravnos.
Chapter Five: The Politics of AnarchyEdit
Details on kindred gang life in Los Angeles, threats within and outside of the city, and how the Anarch Free State is run.
Chapter Six: Welcome to the Free StatesEdit
A chronicle set in Los Angeles introduces newcomers to the very dangerous unlife in the Anarch Free States.
- Amethyst - Caitiff Baron of Santa Ana
- Bela - A Malkavian who believes himself to be Bela Lugosi.
- Crispus Attucks - Was Embraced on the brink of death after he was shot in the Boston Massacre. Now a Brujah warrior for MacNeil.
- Catherine du Bois - Childe of Louis Fortier
- Don Sebastian Juan Dominguez - Ghoul of Houghton who was Embraced and made figurehead Prince of Los Angeles.
- Salvador Garcia - A Brujah, most notable for being one of the Anarchs responsible for orchestrating the Second Anarch Revolt. Leader of the El Hermanidad gang.
- Victor Girard - Childe of Christopher Houghton
- Alonzo Guillen - An isolated Nosferatu who resides in the hills above Pasadena. He is friends with Henry Waters.
- Elena Gutierrez- Childe of Louis Fortier
- Christopher Houghton - Toreador, exiled from Boston, who was the first kindred in Los Angeles.
- Jeremy MacNeil - Brujah exile who pushed Houghton into a turn to anarchy. Currently the closest thing to a Prince Los Angeles has.
- Joaquin Murietta - A Toreador serial killer, sired by Christopher Houghton in the mid-1800s.
- Archbishop Mohammed al-Muthlim - Lasombra of the 9th generation. He created the Crypt's Sons and became Archbishop in 1993 (taking the place of Carolina Valez).
- Jesus Ramirez - Salvador Garcia's right hand man and de facto leader of El Hermanidad.
- Mariel St. John- Ventrue antitribu Sabbat agent, undercover as one of Louis Fortier's vassals.
- Smiling Jack - Brujah of the 10th generation. He is known as a powerful troublemaker and roams the west coast, killing Princes. He features prominently in the PC game Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.
- Tara - Baron of San Diego (during this supplement).
- Henry Waters - Butler to Edward and Vera Vignes.
- Edward Vignes - An apolitical Ventrue and baron of Pasadena. Also, sire to Henry Waters.
- Vera Vignes - Baroness of Pasadena.
- The Brujah Idealists:
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Vampire: The Masquerade books
| Next book:|
The Kindred Most Wanted