Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Authors:||Sarah Roark, Deam Shomshak, Janet Trautvetter|
|Storyteller Game System:||Mark Rein•Hagen|
|Art Direction:||Richard Thomas|
|Layout & Typesetting:||Mike Chaney|
|Artists:||Guy Davis, Matt Mitchell, Conan Venus, Kirk Van Wormer|
|Cover Art:||Matt Mitchell|
|Front & Back Cover Design:||Mike Chaney|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Published:||August 11, 2003|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-58846-242-0|
Lair of the Hidden is a Time of Judgment book for Vampire: The Masquerade about the Inconnu, the hidden sect of kindred with their own agenda in the Final Nights and their sinister leaders, the Twelve.
From the White Wolf catalog:
- High in the Romanian Mountains...
- Hidden from time and prying mortal eyes, Hunedoara Castle lurks amid the mists of the Carpathians. Home to a cabal of scheming Inconnu, the castle is the site of hideous rites. Who do these terrible rituals empower? Or, worse, who might they protect? Secrets revealed -- Lair of the Hidden is a setting sourcebook and chronicle that examines the plans of a forgotten cult of Inconnu. It covers the cults aims and goals, as well as presenting a terrifying haven of powerful elders for players characters to explore -- should they dare.
Introduction: The House of SecretsEdit
An overview of what to expect from the book, including a summary of chapters, themes, and inspirations.
Chapter One: Foundations of Blood and StoneEdit
The history of Hunedoara Castle, from its first version in the 13th century to its current occupation by the Inconnu. This is followed by the origins and history of the Inconnu until Modern Nights, including who called Hunedoara home, and details on the Pact of Nikanuuranu.
Chapter Two: Within the WallsEdit
A tour of Hunedoara Castle from the outer walls to its deepest inner chambers, including the Havens of the Twelve who call Hunedoara home.
Chapter Three: Multiple PersonalitiesEdit
Full details on the Twelve and those who follow them.
Chapter Four: The Roads to HunedoaraEdit
Information and advice on creating stories revolving around Hunedoara, the Inconnu, and the Twelve. It includes several detailed sample plots for chronicles.
Appendix: Powers of the EldersEdit
- This book served as a Time of Judgment book for Vampire.
- Abdalkutba - Assamite who seeks Golconda lore.
- Eshmunamash - Brujah doctor who once lived in Carthage with Troile.
- Drenis - Cappadocian survivor who keeps the castle's wraiths in check.
- Pentweret - Follower of Set hoping to prove the worth of the Setites.
- Zamra Matoub - Lasombra who was once Prince of Algiers.
- Demetrius - Malkavian who is the only of the Twelve to achieve Golconda...maybe.
- Bufo - Nosferatu who lived in Hunedoara as a Tremere prisoner.
- Mahtiel - Salubri who wishes to avenge both Saulot and her lover, and spends her days in torpor to do so.
- Danika Ruthven - Tzimisce who owns Hunedoara Castle and offers refuge to the Inconnu.
- Anastazi - Tzimisce who is Danika's only surviving childe who hates his sire for involving him in the Pact.
- Cretheus - Ventrue who is a childe of Mithras, he wishes to save the Salubri from the world and the world from Gehenna.
- Hilderic - Ventrue childe of Cretheus who has sacrificed his own Golconda to preserve the Salubri legacy.
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Vampire: The Masquerade books
| Next book:|