Kryos is the Art of cold and ice. Unlike other elemental arts known to the changelings, the powers of Kryos are fairly literal, causing actual coldness, rather than metaphorical chills. Some fear that this Art is closely connected to Banality, given its immobilizing and paralyzing nature. Water surrounds the Merfolk, which naturally led them to develop an Art to convert it into ice. Of the land-dwelling kiths, the Trolls most respect and have desire to practice Kryos.
- Cold Shock - Cools down a room or a person, rarely doing any true damage, but making those who feel it uncomfortable from the temperature.
- Gelid Rime - Coats a small area in a thin layer of ice, preventing anyone it is placed on from moving that part of their body.
- Frost Facsimile - Produces an item from solid ice, which may be flimsy like common ice, or, if well crafted, as strong as metal.
- Crystal Prison - Encases something in a solid block of ice, rapidly cooling them down, and possibly suffocating them if they are a living being.
- Coldheart - Completely freezes a subject, causing them to become cold, unconscious, and prone to shattering; awakening from this state is difficult, especially before the cantrip's time is up.