Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kiai is a Demon Discipline that channels the wrath of the Demon through the voice, turning one's own voice into a weapon that can be taken anywhere undetected, a tool for accomplishing much more than just giving pretty speeches, and even a way to open pathways between worlds.
To mortals, the concept of kiai, the "cry that gives life," is one that involves a person harnessing his breath to focus himself and his actions. Thus Kuei-jin scholars speculate Cathayans with much Yang energy, who play at being alive and even seem to almost breathe upon occasion, are more attracted to Kiai than the death-aspected Yin vampires.
Because Kiai requires the use of the voice, it can't be used if the Kuei-jin is gagged or otherwise unable to use his voice for some reason. Similarly, Kiai powers aren't for those who wish to be stealthy; anyone nearby can hear when a Kiai power is used.
Included below are the official powers described in Kindred of the East Companion. Sources are described below in the order they were printed.
- Focusing Shout: This power allows the Kuei-jin to bring his body, mind, and souls into focus in one brief, transcendent moment marked by a loud shout.
- Aspect Of The Timid Sparrow: The Kuei-jin can irritate his opponent in hand-to-hand combat
- Ngilai: A technique of the Golden Courts, the Kuei-jin can let loose an intimidating scream that sends his opponent running for his life
- The Song Of The Tormented Soul: A Kuei-jin with this power can pour out the torment and anguish that he feels over his undead state of being, inflicting it on his hearer instead.
- Greater Ngilai: The scream of the Kuei-jin affects everyone in vicinity
- Cry of Blood: The Kuei-jin's Voice can harm flesh
- Tiger's Roar: The Kuei-jin's voice can harm anorganic objects
- Cry of the Phantasm: The Kuei-jin's voice attack can affect immaterial creatures.
- Shout Opening The Way To Heaven : The scream of the Kuei-jin can pierce a portion of the Wall
^ Level 1
|Focusing Shout||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 75|
^ Level 2
|Aspect of the Timid Sparrow||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 75|
^ Level 3
|Ngilai||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 75|
^ Level 4
|The Song of the Tormented Soul||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 75|
^ Level 5
|Greater Ngilai||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 75|
^ Level 6
|Cry of Blood||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 75|
^ Level 7
|Tiger's Roar||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 75|
^ Level 8
|Cry of the Phantasm||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 75|
^ Level 9
|Shout Opening the Way to Heaven||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 76|