|Art Director:||Richard Thomas|
|Layout and Typesetting:||Ron Thompson|
|Interior Art:||Drew Tucker|
|Front & Back Cover Design:||Ron Thompson|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Publication #:||WW 08108|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-744-3|
From the White Wolf catalog:
- The End Is Nigh
- Once, hunters were normal people who lived regular lives. That was before. Now that the Messengers have touched us, the imbued recognize the real horrific world ruled by monsters. But who are the Messengers, where did monsters come from and why were we, once blind people, chosen to inherit the Earth?
- The answers lie in the prophecies of a visionary.
Fyodor, the Visionary author, relays and analyses visions sent to him by the Messengers, constructing from them various theories of the origin of hunters and monsters, and also prophecies of the coming end of the world.
- Main article: Fyodor
Fyodor also details throughout the book relevant stories from his life, including his Imbuing, various encounters with the supernatural and other hunters, and in particular his conversations with Emma, a mage he befriends and eventually betrays.
Apocrypha was published as a facsimile of Fyodor's handwritten notes, and as such includes diagrams, illustrations and Hunter glyphs.
The fictional volume is published through Anchorite Press by Violin99, who also provides a foreword and commentary. The ISBN, credits and other usual elements of a White Wolf book are hidden at the back or inside the cover leaf to preserve the illusion.
- Hunter Apocrypha was Hunter's contribution for the Year of Revelations.
- It follows other fictional books published in a similar trade paperback format, including The Book of Nod, The Ericyes Fragments and Revelations of the Dark Mother for Vampire and The Silver Record for Werewolf.
- The logo for Anchorite Press is probably derived from the hunter symbol for "Hunter", though it also resembles the symbol for "Extremist".
- Fyodor prophesies five signs that will herald the end of the world; some match up with the signs that come to pass in the lead up to the Time of Judgment, but not all.
"This is without doubt the single most important document in the world, which is why I have been selected to bring it to you. I do so with reservations, but the good that it will do by arming the few who matter is far more important than the havoc that will be caused by fools." - Violin99, from his introduction
"I would like to start at the beginning, but I may have to end with it, instead. That has been my quest, you see - to find where it began." - from the first section
- A ruthlessly pragmatic Visionary hunter whose quest for answers led him to write the Apocrypha.
- The Hermit who published and annotated Fyodor's manuscript.
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Hunter: The Reckoning books
| Next book:|
Hunter Book: Visionary