It exemplified the balanced nature of earth, aiming to bring the various pulls and currents within a Kuei-jin's soul into a harmonious centered equilibrium. As a result, it was heavily associated with Balance.
Chi Attunement: Strength
Included below are the official powers described in the Blood and Silk.
- Understanding with the Earth: By harmonizing with the Earth beneath him, the Kuei-jin would become unmovable.
- Harmony with the Earth: By submitting to the flow of chi, the Kuei-jin would be able to walk on any surface unimpeded.
- Unity with the Earth: The Kuei-jin could submerse himself in any surface and reemerge nearby out from any matter
- Moving with the Earth: The Kuei-jin could follow a dragon line and reemerge from the soil anywhere in the vicinity of the flow.
- The Elemental Self: The Kuei-jin assumed an elemental form, based upon his spended chi (4 Yin resulted in Water; 3 Yin , 1 Yang resulted in Metal; 2 Yin, 2 Yang resulted in Earth; 1 Yin, 3 Yang resulted in Wood and 4 Yang resulted in Fire). Each form had its own associated powers and benefits, as well as drawbacks.
- Blood and Silk p.86-88