Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Ars Magica and Mage: The Ascension, the Founders were the magi who founded the twelve Houses of the Order of Hermes. In both games' settings, one House and its Founder were expelled (Diedne), and another was later added to fill its place (Ex Miscellanea); in the World of Darkness, another House and its Founder (Tremere) were expelled later. Most of the Houses were named for their primary Founder.
The founders are:
- Bjornaer, founder of House Bjornaer
- Bonisagus, co-founder of House Bonisagus
- Criamon, founder of House Criamon
- Diedne, founder of House Diedne, whose status as a Founder was stripped away with the Schism War
- Flambeau, founder of House Flambeau
- Guernicus, founder of House Guernicus ("House Quaesitor")
- Jerbiton, founder of House Jerbiton
- Mercere, founder of House Mercere
- Merinita, founder of House Merinita
- Pralix, who formally became the founder of House Ex Miscellanea when her House was recognized as such by the Order
- Tremere, founder of House Tremere, who was (in the World of Darkness) expelled from the Order during the Massasa War
- Trianoma, co-founder of House Bonisagus
- Tytalus, founder of House Tytalus
- Veriditus, founder of House Verditius
Note that the exact origins and fates of several of the Founders (Tremere in particular) can vary greatly between Ars Magica and the World of Darkness.