The Firstborn are the children of Father Wolf sired by other wolf-spirits. As Incarnae they were approached by the Uratha for patronage, but would not give it without a fight. The Tribes proved themselves through a bloody war, each gaining the favor of their half-brothers and half-sisters.
The Forsaken look towards five:
The Pure have totems of their own, Father Wolf's three most unforgiving, hateful, and bitter spirit children who reached out to the Pure as a means to punish those who killed their father.
- Ravening Wolf, whose remains are rumored to lie in Mongolia
- Sky Hunter, whose whereabouts are unknown but who was on par with Destroyer Wolf and Dire Wolf in ferocity
- Wolf-Who-Whispers, a secretive firstborn with limited hunting range
- Eater of Names, a firstborn that targeted mages that intruded into Pangaea
- The Opalescent and Iradescent twins, who commanded large tribes of humans and Uratha to raise temples and other structures for the glory of Urfarah and Luna.