Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.
The elements are, in a magical sense, the fundamental building blocks of material existence. The elements are central to a number of magical practices, such as alchemy. They are represented and embodied by elementals and other similar spirits in the supernatural world.
The actual number of elements varies by source:
- The four classical elements in Greek cosmology: air, earth, fire and water
- The five elements in Chinese (Taoist) alchemy: earth, fire, metal, water and wood
- The five elements from the Book of Nine Rings: earth, water, fire, wind and void
- The five elements in Exalted, which draws from a mix of Eastern and Western inspirations: air, earth, fire, water and wood
- The five elements represented by humours in Promethean: The Created: air, earth, fire, water and ectoplasm
Other uses of the elements include:
- Elemental spirits in the Classic World of Darkness, which include incarnations of the classical elements but also elementals like lightning and glass
- Various Paths of blood magic in Vampire: The Masquerade, most notably Koldunic Sorcery but also including several paths of Thaumaturgy
- The most iconic uses of the Sphere of Forces in Mage: The Ascension, or the Five Elemental Dragons (Dalou'laoshi) associated with the Technocracy in the Middle Kingdom
- The elemental Inanimae in Changeling: The Dreaming, or the the elementally-attuned Kwannon-jin of the hsien in Land of Eight Million Dreams
- The Shintai of the Kuei-jin (and, in the last Age, the Godbodies of the Wan Kuei) in Kindred of the East
- The Elemental kith and the Contracts of Elements in Changeling: The Lost
The five elements are particularly relevant in Exalted, where their uses include:
- The Five Elemental Dragons, and their element-aspected Dragon-Blooded descendants
- The five magical materials, each of which is attuned to a different element and a different type of Exalt
- The five elemental poles, which exist at the four corners and the center of Creation
- Elementals, the lesser gods who generally dwell in Creation rather than Yu-Shan
- The elemental paths of the Dragon Kings