|Creative Director:||Rich Thomas|
|Developed by||Eddy Webb|
|Written by||Matthew McFarland|
|Edited by||Genevieve Podleski|
|Layout by||Ron Thompson|
|Art by||Samuel Carlos Araya, John Cobb, Jesper Myrfors, Joshua Gabriel Timbrook.|
|Special Thanks to||Dave Martin for the initial brainstorm, and Karen "Oni" Martin for the French assistance.|
|Published:||November 11, 2011|
Dust to Dust is a story supplement using the Storytelling Adventure System designed for use with . It acts as a spiritual successor to the first story ever published for Vampire, , as well as the Forged in Steel chronicle that began in the original Vampire: The Masquerade Rulebook. It includes all the characters and information you need to tell a complete story, as well as notes from the Wrecking Crew, the demo team that ran the story at The Grand Masquerade 2011 in New Orleans.
From the White Wolf catalog:
- When the ashes cool, all that remains is dust...
- Gary, Indiana is a dying city. Its population has halved itself in 40 years, many of its buildings are burned husks, its citizens are disenfranchised and out of work, and even its predators have fled. Of the many Kindred who once hunted this small Midwestern city, only a handful remains. Modius, the Prince of Gary, continues his long rivalry with the Anarch known as Juggler. But their struggles are becoming increasingly irrelevant. If things continue, Gary won't have enough mortals to sustain even a small number of vampires.
- The Kindred aren't willing to let the city crumble just yet, though. Juggler and Modius have hit upon a scheme to revitalize the city's importance for Kindred, though each wishes to claim the credit (and the rewards) for this renewal. While they snipe and strike at one another like two starving wolves fighting for the last scrap of meat on the carcass, the Giovanni Maria DiMatto seizes her chance.
- This book is a sequel to 1991's , one of the very first story supplements for Vampire: The Masquerade. Rather than use the standard SAS landscape format designed for modern computer screens, the decision was made to mimic the design of the original book, seen to the right. Although the basic layout is done to match the V20 standard, many elements — the blue border, the yellow-to-orange title text gradient — came from the original book.
- Matthew McFarland was unaware of this. says "Additionally, elements of this plot will be progressed further in a future supplement, Dust to Dust™." Dust to Dust author
- Maria DiMatto
- Jean Lisle
- Sullivan Dane, Lazlo Varga
| Previous book:|
Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition
| Game Books|
Vampire: The Masquerade books
| Next book:|