Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dr. Douglas Netchurch
New England, 1880
Dr. Nancy Reage
|“||The condition of the vampire is known to us. The fragility of mortals holds no secrets for us, either. The only riddles science has left to solve, are the mysteries of the Blood and its effects on ghouls.||”|
Born in America in the 19th century, he excelled in his medical studies and was considered a genius even before his Embrace. He went to Europe after the outbreak of World War I, assisting in the trenches, and it was there, in 1915, that his brilliant mind caught the attention of Trimeggian, who was involved in medical matters himself.
Operating out of a facility in Research Triangle, North Carolina, Dr. Netchurch has firmly established himself as the World of Darkness' foremost authority on the physiology and hematology of the Kindred. Among other achievements, he has added to his sire's catalogue of vampiric Disciplines, identified techniques to simulate the Insight possessed by the Thin Blooded, and greatly expanded Camarilla knowledge about both thin bloods and ghouls. He also popularised a standard for measuring the potency of an individuals Vitae, the "Vitae Efficacy Unit" or VEU, though this scale was developed by a Tremere Professor.
Netchurch's insanity manifests as scientific detachment. He has an obsessive need to research, an inability to accept the supernatural - even in connection with vampirism - and is highly self-delusional, unable to see the brutality of his techniques and completely oblivious to his derangements. While the doctor's lab appears professional, and he seems to demonstrate a minimal amount of compassion, he is unaware of his tendency to Dominate people into signing his release forms before vivisecting them.
- (fluff) Netchurch writes the first research paper provided in this supplement.
- Week of Nightmares narrative. (fluff) Writes the introduction on the Thin Blooded and appears in the
- (fluff, stats) The opening fiction details Netchurch's Embrace of Reage, from her point of view. His stats appear in the final chapter, the first time he is fully detailed.
- (fluff, stats) The prologue features Netchurch travelling to the Middle East to assist in the birth of a thin blooded vampire's baby. Updated stats appear for him in the Characters appendix.
- Cornelius Netchurch with the same scientific inclination to study vampire physiology; it cost Cornelius his life. It is implied this Dr. Netchurch is related to Douglas. (fluff) Features a ghost named Dr.
Dr. Douglas Netchurch
Apparent Age: 30′s
Physical: Strength 3, Dexterity 4, Stamina 3
Social: Charisma 3, Manipulation 2, Appearance 2
Mental: Perception 4, Intelligence 5, Wits 3
Talents: Alertness 5, Dodge 2, Empathy 2, Expression 2, Intimidation (Bloodless Stare) 4, Leadership 2, Subterfuge 3
Skills: Drive 1, Etiquette 2, Firearms 1, Security 2, Stealth 2
Knowledges: Academics 4, Computer 1, Investigation 4, Law 2, Linguistics 4 (French, German, Greek, Italian, Latin, Spanish), Medicine (Kindred/Ghoul Pathology) 5, Science (Vitae Hematology) 5
Disciplines: Auspex 4, Celerity 2, Dementation 1, Dominate 4, Fortitude 1, Obfuscate 3, Potence 1, Presence 1, Protean 1, Vicissitude 1
Backgrounds: Allies 1 (Dr. Reage), Contacts 3, Herd 3 (Orderlies/Test Subjects), Mentor 4, Resources 3, Retainers 2, Status 2
Virtues: Conscience 4, Self-Control 3, Courage 5
Morality: Humanity 6