Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.
Classic World of DarknessEdit
In the Classic World of Darkness, the term demon encompassed several different varieties of beings:
- Demonic spirits (e.g. Umbrood demons), who are often patrons of such infernalists as the Nephandi in Mage: The Ascension and of practitioners of Dark Thaumaturgy in Vampire: The Masquerade
- An epithet for the demon-worshiping Baali in Vampire: The Masquerade
- Banes, corrupted spirits that serve the Wyrm in Werewolf: The Apocalypse
- The Fallen, elohim who rebelled against God and were bound in the Abyss in Demon: The Fallen, or their Dark Ages counterparts in Dark Ages: Devil's Due
- The Kuei-jin/Wan Kuei, particularly their P'o, or Demon Soul, which uses Demon Chi to fuel Demon Arts such as Demon Shintai, in Kindred of the East
- Yama Kings and Queens, rulers of the Yomi Wan in Kindred of the East and other Year of the Lotus books
- Demonics, a type of Plasmic found in the Tempest in Wraith: The Oblivion
Demons are not to be confused with Daemon, a term that has several uses in the World of Darkness.
Chronicles of DarknessEdit
In the Chronicles of Darkness (the "New World of Darkness"), the term demon can refer to a number of beings:
- Demons: malevolent spirits such as those that represent the Seven Deadly Sins (or Vices)
- The acamoth and Goetia in Mage: The Awakening
- The Unchained, fallen Angels of the God-Machine in Demon: The Descent
- The true demons of the inferno in
Demons are not to be confused with Daimon, a term that has several uses in the Chronicles of Darkness.
In Exalted, demons are prominent denizens of Malfeas. They are ruled by the Yozis. Occasionally a mortal will bear the God-Blooded offspring of a demon; such children are called Demon-Blooded. The Infernal Exalted and akuma serve the Yozis alongside the demons, but are not demons themselves.