Data is a variation of the Correspondence Sphere pioneered by the Analytical Reckoners and most heavily utilized Feed Methodology of the New World Order. While originally confined to just that Convention, it slowly spreads to other parts of the Technocratic Union and even to other Technomancers like the Virtual Adepts.
Users of the Data Sphere accept that everything that is can be reduced to ones and zeros: to the binaries of modern computer technology. By manipulating Data, and in turn, Information, the user can shape how the world works.
Those operatives skilled in Data excel in the relationships and manipulation of its informations. While typical Correspondence is an abstract concept, Data is highly specific; advanced operatives see elaborate imagery and processes where others see masses of code.
One of the biggest advantages of Data is that its sympathetic links are nearly impossible to sever. While traditional Correspondence can be distorted or misaligned, Data cannot be destroyed and is readily reconstructed by a dedicated technomancer. Also, ranges work differently, since Data can target any electronical device regardless of its distance.
The achilles heel of Data, however, is that it relies on technology. While cellphones and internet access points are nearly universally accessible in most developed parts of the world, there are still many parts of the world without such access. These are blank spots for users of Data. Also, a target can easily avoid any scrutinity via Data by simply abandoning every electronical object and reatreating into the wilderness.
Standard Powers Edit
- On the Ones and Zeroes: Allows to determine the exact distance between points or the connections between visible objects.
- The Reach And The View: Allows to expand one's connections to see and touch places in other areas of the world, so long as he has instruments that allow him access to distant locations.
- Quantum Teleportation: Allows the relocation of self via quantum teleportation.
- Firewalling: Allows to bar an area against any attempts to intrude via particle physics .
- Surveillance Hub: Allows to split one's perceptions to watch multiple locations at once.
- Between Space: Allows to shape distance to one's designs, allowing for mass transportations of physical objects through "portals".
- Dimensional Cohabitation: Allows to create duplicates at other places (that can become solid through the use of other Pattern spheres)
- Redistribute Physical Properties: Allows to manipulate physics as easily as code, to create overlays of multiple places, altering sizes and volumes, stretching distances
^ Level 1
|On the Ones and Zeroes||Convention Book: N.W.O.||Pg. 75|
|On the Ones and Zeroes||Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 524|
^ Level 2
|The Reach and the View||Convention Book: N.W.O.||Pg. 75-76|
|The Reach and the View||Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 524-525|
^ Level 3
|Colocation||Convention Book: N.W.O.||Pg. 76|
|Colocation||Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 525|
|Firewalling||Convention Book: N.W.O.||Pg. 76|
|Firewalling||Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 525|
|Surveillance Hub||Convention Book: N.W.O.||Pg. 76|
|Surveillance Hub||Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 525|
^ Level 4
|Between Space||Convention Book: N.W.O.||Pg. 76|
|Between Space||Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 525|
|Dimensional Cohabitation||Convention Book: N.W.O.||Pg. 76|
|Dimensional Cohabitation||Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 525|
^ Level 5
|Redistribute Physical Properties||Convention Book: N.W.O.||Pg. 76|
|Redistribute Physical Properties||Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 525|