Cultivation is a Soul Discipline that allows a Kuei-jin to "cultivate" his P'o. To a master of Cultivation, the P'o is just another family member -- an unruly one that must occasionally be disciplined, but a useful member nonetheless. Indeed, many vampires skilled in Cultivation wear their P'o visage as often as their Hun Archetype.
Although disreputable, practitioners of Cultivation have become a necessary evil in the Fifth Age, particularly with the arrival of the Kin-jin. Given these newcomers relative unfamiliarity with the Beasts, wielders of Cultivation are able to send them into howling frenzies with relative ease. Unfortunately, given the unpredictable nature of the Cultivation Discipline, its users often suffer the same fate as their victims.
- Scrutinize: The Kuei-jin becomes privy to the dark urges within himself and others
- Cleave the Demon: The Kuei-jin separates his P'o from his Hun, leaving the other part of the soul in spirit form. Both souls can act in tandem, but the P'o is always malevolent and bent on disrupting the Kuei-jins plans
- Yoke the Demon: The Kuei-jin plucks the P'o from the Hun, and subordinates the internal Demon. A Demon thus subordinated can be used to intimidate lesser creatures and watch for enemies. Few things anger a P'o more than use of this power and it will avenge itself the next time it takes control of the Kuei-jin's body.
- Two Become One: The Kuei-jin can temporaly fuse his Hun and P'o, giving him a taste of Enlightenment that can send them spiraling into depravity all the quicker.
- Evocation of Madness: This power forces another Kuei-jin to give in to his P'o Nature for just a short while -- the briefest of moments, perhaps, but always long enough to warp the victim's mind.
- Degradation: The Kuei-jin forces another Kuei-jin into Shadow Soul, all the while forcing him to watch helplessly as his P'o runs rampart.
- Strengthening the Demon: The Kuei-jin artificially "stokes" the soulfires of his P'o so that he can access more Demon Chi. In essence, he briefly cultivates the darkness within himself, the better to take advantage of the power of darkness.
- Darkling Mirror: This power allows a Kuei-jin to split his P'o apart from his Hun and body for use as an evil servant. The P'o can travel up to one mile away from its body.
^ Level 1
|Scrutinize||Kindred of the East Rulebook||Pg. 119|
^ Level 2
|Cleave the Demon||Kindred of the East Rulebook||Pg. 120|
^ Level 3
|Lash the Demon||Kindred of the East Rulebook||Pg. 120|
^ Level 4
|Yoke the Demon||Kindred of the East Rulebook||Pg. 120|
^ Level 5
|Two Become One||Kindred of the East Rulebook||Pg. 121|
^ Level 6
|Evocation of Madness||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 85|
^ Level 7
|Degradation||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 86|
^ Level 8
|Strengthening the Demon||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 86|
^ Level 9
|Darkling Mirror||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 86|