Crafts are usually smaller than Traditions or Conventions in numbers, but there are great many Crafts in existence. At least twenty Crafts are described in White Wolf canon, and there are probably even more.
In Revised edition of Mage: the Ascension, many Crafts were subsumed into Traditions, and some were destroyed, but a few stood independent.
Crafts that stayed fully or partially independent:
- Hollow Ones: postmodern romantic Craft.
- Ahl-i-Batin: religious mystics, once a Tradition. Sphere: Correspondence.
- Taftâni: Persian masters of Jinn. Sphere: Spirit.
- Wu-Keng: Chinese cross-dressing Infernalist cult. Sphere: Forces.
- Lions of Zion: protectors of people of Israel. Sphere: Time.
- Sisters of Hippolyta: feminist commune with Greek origins. Sphere: Life.
- Wu Nung: Chinese folk shamans, related to Wu-Keng and Dreamspeakers. Sphere: Spirit.
- Knights Templar: Christian warriors, allied to Celestial Chorus. Sphere: Forces.
Crafts that became parts of Traditions:
- Children of Knowledge: ancient line of alchemists, descended from the Solificati Tradition. Joined Order of Hermes as House Solificati. Sphere: Matter.
- Wu Lung: Chinese high ritualists. Joined Order of Hermes (as House Hong Lei) and Akashic Brotherhood. Sphere: Spirit.
- Batáa: Followers of Afro-American religions. Joined Verbena and Dreamspeakers. Sphere: Spirit.
- Kopa Loei: Polynesian willworkers. Joined Dreamspeakers.
Crafts that no longer exist in Revised Editions:
- Ngoma: African craft. Died out before 20th century, but recently its traditions were resurrected in Order of Hermes, and House Ngoma was created. Sphere: Mind.
- Madzimbabwe: African craft. Became a part of Euthanatos Tradition. Sphere: Entropy.
- the circle of red: a medieval sect of demonologists. mostly wiped out by the baali. the rest were enslaved by them
Crafts of unknown fate:
- Toc Faan: Cambodian infernalist cannibals. Sphere: Life.
- Tai Hoi Li: Vietnamese underground cult. Sphere: Correspondence.
- Sons of Tengri: Mongolian sky religion. Sphere: Spirit.
- Go Kamisori Gama: faux ninja clan.
- Children of Proteus, Sculptors of Fate, Fringe Walkers: not described in any details.
Crafts introduced in M20:
Borderline between crafts and sorcerers societies: