Contempt is the dark, Unseelie antithesis of Sovereign. Rather than being an Art of control and nobility, it is an Art of undermining those in authority, and making them seem foolish. Just as Sovereign is a noble Art, Contempt counters that by being a commoner Art. It is most commonly known by the Shadow Court, though those in the Unseelie Court are also capable of learning it.
- Mockery - Changes the etiquette in a given Court, either producing random lawlessness that puts all on equal authority, or allows the voices of Unseelie nobles to rise to the top.
- Disobedience - Produces a willful disregard for rules and commands, changing a subject's actions, and making them temporarily immune to all forms of command.
- Insolence - Causes a group to riot and rise against something, especially something that sticks out as strangely notable and beautiful.
- Devil's Advocate - Changes an opinion, allowing someone to be convinced of something that they otherwise would have great difficulty believing.
- Condemnation - A complicated ceremony that's true purpose is well hidden, allowing the user to name new members of the Shadow Court, cancel previous Oaths, and teach the Arts of Contempt and Delusion.
- CTD: The Shadow Court, page(s) 79-82