Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Marking(s):||Manifested aspect of Shadow|
Connaissance is the unique Arcanos of Les Invisibles, the Creole wraiths. Also called Serviteurs, wraiths are most commonly granted this art when they make a pact with Les Mysteres, the powerful beings who dwell in the Island Below the Sea in the Abyss, becoming Loa. It has been known for non-Loa to learn Connaissance as well, though it's rare, with the most frequent method being via the Pact of Doom Thorn.
Connaissance primarily serves as Les Invisibles' answer to Castigate. However, the abilities of the Serviteurs allow them to manipulate the Baka rather than the Mait' Tete itself. Either way, the Serviteurs are able to keep dark beings away from themselves, ensuring they may carry out the work of Les Mysteres.
Those who master Connaissance are often mistrusted outside of the territories of Les Invisibles, as they tend to manifest aspects of their Shadows as their Arcanos marking. Those who travel extensively in Stygia try to learn Castigate to lessen the effects of these markings. In addition, a Serviteur will appear as a Spectre to Soulsight, due to the close bond with the Shadow required for Connaissance. The Serviteurs, other than the common source of their power, have no organization and are not truly a Guild.
- Eyes of the Abyss: A Serviteur can detect the concentration of Oblivion by borrowing a view from their Mait' Tete.
- Langage: A Serviteur may speak in the language of the Baka through their Mait' Tete.
- Regler Mait' Tete: A Serviteur allows their Mait' Tete to ride them, and are fully aware of the actions their Shadow takes.
- Reler Baka: A Baka can be summoned by a Serviteur.
- Renvoyer Baka: A Serviteur uses this art to scare Baka away from themselves.
- Engagement: A Baka's mind can be manipulated through subtle suggestion.
- Reler Mystere: A Loa can access the vast information network guarded by Les Mysteres.
- Marrer Baka: A Serviteur may capture and control a Baka through will alone.
None are known.
The Great 13: